Fred MacMurrayactorBorn: 8/30/1908Birthplace: Kankakee, Illinois
Originally a traveling-band saxophonist, MacMurray began work in the silent films of the late 1920s. His long list of film credits, ranging from light comic roles to serious drama, include The Gilded Lily (1935), Double Indemnity (1944), and The Caine Mutiny (1954). He became familiar to a new generation of viewers in Disney classics (The Shaggy Dog, 1959; The Absent-Minded Professor, 1960) and the popular TV series My Three Sons (1960–72). Died: 11/5/1991
More on Fred MacMurray from Fact Monster:
- The Absent-Minded Professor - Stick to the original for plenty of slapstick and good-natured laughs
- Father's Day: International holiday celebrated in June - When is Father's day celebrated 2010? Find information about fathers around the world, the history of the holiday, take quizzes, and find gift ideas for dad.
- The Absent-Minded Professor - Starring Fred MacMurray, Nancy Olson, Keenan Wynn, Tommy Kirk, Leon Ames
- Shaggy Dog, The (1959) - Starring Fred MacMurray, Jean Hagen, Tommy Kirk, Annette Funicello
- Fair Wind to Java - Starring Virginia Brissac, Fred MacMurray, Howard Chuman, Vera Ralston, Robert Douglas