Sergio Leonedirector, screenwriterBorn: 1/3/1929Birthplace: Rome, Italy
Originator of the “spaghetti western,” Leone created mock-serious depictions of the American West. The most famous were dominated by Clint Eastwood (For a Fistful of Dollars, 1964; For a Few Dollars More, 1965; and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, 1967). His western Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) starred Henry Fonda as an amoral gunman. Leone's most ambitious work was Once Upon a Time in America (1984), a four-hour gangster film.Died: 4/30/1989
More on Sergio Leone from Fact Monster:
- Sergio Leone - Biography of Sergio Leone, Italian director of movie westerns
- Charles Bronson - Charles Bronson (Charles Buchinsky) actor Born: 11/3/1921 Birthplace: Ehrenfield, Pennsylvania He ...
- Lee Van Cleef - Lee Van Cleef actor Born: 1/9/1925 Birthplace: Somerville, New Jersey With the ideal looks for a ...
- Lee Van Cleef - Biography of Lee Van Cleef, The "bad" guy in the western The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Clint Eastwood - Biography of Clint Eastwood, Star of the Dirty Harry films