Burgess Meredith(Oliver Burgess Meredith)actor, directorBorn: 11/16/1907Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio
During the 1930s Meredith acted in many Broadway plays before moving into film. He played notable dramatic roles in Of Mice and Men (1939), The Story of G.I. Joe (1945), and The Day of the Locust (1975). He may be most widely recognized as the trainer in Rocky (1976) and its sequels and as the Penguin in the TV series Batman (1966–68). His awards include an Emmy for acting, a Tony for directing, and two Oscar nominations as best supporting actor.Died: 9/9/1997
More on Burgess Meredith from Fact Monster:
- Rocky 3 - Starring Sylvester Stallone, Burgess Meredith, Talia Shire, Carl Weathers, Mr. T
- Rocky - Starring Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burt Young, Carl Weathers, Burgess Meredith
- Paulette Goddard - Paulette Goddard (Marion Goddard Levy) actress, philanthropist Born: 6/3/1910 Birthplace: Queens, ...
- Paulette Goddard - Biography of Paulette Goddard, Charlie Chaplin's leading lady in Modern Times
- Rocky II - Starring Sylvester Stallone, Burt Young, Talia Shire, Carl Weathers, Burgess Meredith