Birthplace: London, England
Gifted British actor, perhaps best known for his Academy Award-winning portrayal of the handicapped writer Christy Brown in My Left Foot (1989). Day-Lewis, son of the former British poet laureate Cecil Day-Lewis, has received wide acclaim for many other movies, including In the Name of the Father (1993) and The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988). He is married to Arthur Miller's daughter, Rebecca, whom he met while working on The Crucible (1996).
More on Daniel Day-Lewis from Fact Monster:
- Daniel Day-Lewis - Biography of Daniel Day-Lewis, Oscar-winning star of the movie There Will Be Blood
- Juliette Binoche - Juliette Binoche actress Born: 3/9/1964 Birthplace: Paris, France Though known to American ...
- 2007 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards - 2007 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards Best Picture There Will Be Blood Best Actor Daniel ...
- Emily Watson - Emily Watson actress Born: 1/14/1967 Birthplace: London, England The Shakespearean-trained actress ...
- John Proctor - Biography of John Proctor, The first man executed in the Salem witch hunts