Carol Channingcomedienne, singer
Birthplace: Seattle, Washington
Comic actress best known for her roles in popular Broadway musicals, including Gentleman Prefer Blondes (1949) and Hello, Dolly (1963), for which she won a Tony Award in 1964. Channing's distinctive wide-eyes, husky voice and animated persona made her musical revues and comedy acts long-running hits on the international nightclub circuit.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Carol Channing from Fact Monster:
- Carol Channing - Biography of Carol Channing, Broadway star of Hello, Dolly!
- Ethel Merman - Biography of Ethel Merman, The brassy star of Annie Get Your Gun
- Washington - Information on Washington — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Writing Well: Write This Way - Writing Well Write This Way Writing Well In the Hot Seat: Writing Under Pressure What's the Big ...
- Seattle, Wash. - Information on Seattle, Wash. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.