Julia Child(Julia McWilliams)
chef and PBS personality
Birthplace: Pasadena, California
As host of the Emmy Award-winning educational cooking show, The French Chef, Child became a celebrity known as much for her wit as her skills in the kitchen. She studied at the Cordon Bleu in Paris and co-wrote the now classic Mastering the Art of French Cooking (1961–70). Died: Aug. 13, 2004
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Julia Child from Fact Monster:
- Julia Child - Child, Julia Child, Julia, 1912–2004, American cooking teacher, author, and television ...
- Julia Child - Biography of Julia Child, American TV chef and cookbook author
- Follow in Their Footsteps - Follow in Their Footsteps You can be anything you want to be. Here are only a handful of the ...
- Amy Adams - Biography of Amy Adams, Redhead star of the movies Junebug and Enchanted
- California - Information on California — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.