Robert MitchumactorBorn: 8/6/1917Birthplace: Bridgeport, Connecticut
Film and television actor often cast as a tough guy, he started out as an extra in the early '40s and became a star in the years following World War II. He performed in a broad range of films, and was known for having both a potent screen presence and an air of casualness. He is thought of as one of the most important actors of the post-World War II era. Some film credits include Out of the Past (1947), Night of the Hunter (1955), The Sundowners (1960), Farewell My Lovely (1975), Mr. North (1988), and Dead Man (1996). Television credits include A Family for Joe (1990).Died: 7/1/1997
More on Robert Mitchum from Fact Monster:
- Robert Mitchum - Mitchum, Robert Mitchum, Robert (Robert Charles Duran Mitchum), 1917–97, American film actor, ...
- Robert Mitchum - Biography of Robert Mitchum, The wicked preacher in The Night of the Hunter
- Philip Marlowe - Biography of Philip Marlowe, Hard-boiled hero of Farewell, My Lovely and other novels
- Top 50 Greatest Screen Legends - The following list includes the top 50 greatest screen legends of all time, according to the American Film Institute, including actors such as Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, and James Stewart.
- Lillian Gish - Biography of Lillian Gish, Big-eyed silent screen star of Intolerance and La Bohéme