Seattle-based grunge band formed by Dave Grohl, who is perhaps better known as the drummer in Kurt Cobain's group, Nirvana. With Nate Mendel, bass; Taylor Hawkins, drummer; and Pat Smear, guitarist, the group has released the albums Foo Fighters (1995), The Colour and the Shape (1997), and There Is Nothing Left to Lose (1999).
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Foo Fighters from Fact Monster:
- Norah Jones - Biography of Norah Jones, Grammy-winning singer of "Don't Know Why"
- 2000 Grammy Awards - 2000 Grammy Awards The 43rd Annual Grammy Awards were presented at Los Angeles' Staples Center ...
- 2007 Grammy Awards - 2007 Grammy Awards The 50th Annual Grammy Awards were presented at Staples Center in Los Angeles on ...
- 2003 Grammy Awards - 2003 Grammy Awards The 46th Annual Grammy Awards were presented at Staples Center in Los Angeles on ...
- Selected Biographies: F - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters