Seattle-based grunge band formed by Dave Grohl, who is perhaps better known as the drummer in Kurt Cobain's group, Nirvana. With Nate Mendel, bass; Taylor Hawkins, drummer; and Pat Smear, guitarist, the group has released the albums Foo Fighters (1995), The Colour and the Shape (1997), and There Is Nothing Left to Lose (1999).
More on Foo Fighters from Fact Monster:
- Norah Jones - Biography of Norah Jones, Grammy-winning singer of "Don't Know Why"
- 2000 Grammy Awards - 2000 Grammy Awards The 43rd Annual Grammy Awards were presented at Los Angeles' Staples Center ...
- 2007 Grammy Awards - 2007 Grammy Awards The 50th Annual Grammy Awards were presented at Staples Center in Los Angeles on ...
- 2003 Grammy Awards - 2003 Grammy Awards The 46th Annual Grammy Awards were presented at Staples Center in Los Angeles on ...
- Selected Biographies: F - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters