Al Frankencomedian, writer
Birthplace: New York City
Comedian and long-time cast member of Saturday Night Live (from 1979–80 and again from 1988–95) and star of the short-lived series LateLine (1998). Franken has written serious pieces, including the screenplay to the melodramatic When A Man Loves a Woman (1994), but his 1996 book, Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot: And Other Observations seems more in character.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Al Franken from Fact Monster:
- Al Franken - Biography of Al Franken, The liberal comedian who was elected senator from Minnesota in 2008
- Bill O'Reilly - Biography of Bill O'Reilly, Bombastic host of The O'Reilly Factor
- Year in Review, 2008 - An overview of the 2008 U.S. congressional races and gains made by democrats.
- Minnesota - Information on Minnesota — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- June 2009 Current Events: U.S. News - Current events in the United States for the month of June 2009, including gay marriage, Barack Obama, and recession details.