W. H. Auden(Wynstan Hugh Auden)
Birthplace: York, England
Considered the poet of the British left for confronting the social problems of pre-WWII Britain, Auden moved to the United States in 1939, where his work turned to religious themes. He also wrote literary criticism and opera libretti. Collections of his poems include: Another Time (1940), The Double Man (1941), and the Pulitzer-Prize-winning The Age of Anxiety (1947).Died: 9/29/1973
More on W H Auden from Fact Monster:
- W. H. Auden - Auden, W. H. Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh Auden), 1907–73, Anglo-American poet, b. York, ...
- February 21 Birthdays: W. H. Auden - February 21 birthdays: W. H. Auden, Hubert de Givenchy, Erma Bombeck, Robert Mugabe, Otto Hermann Kahn, Constantin Brancusi, Andres Segovia, Barbara Jordan, Anais Nin, Jennifer Love Hewitt
- W. H. Auden - Biography of W. H. Auden, The Anglo-American poet who wrote "The Age of Anxiety"
- John Hollander - John Hollander poet, critic Born: 1929 Birthplace: New York City Hollander's complex works ...
- Elio Vittorini - Vittorini, Elio Vittorini, Elio , 1908–66, Italian novelist, b. Syracuse, Sicily. Between ...