Birthplace: San Francisco
At the age of 16, Turlington became a Ford model, going on to grace the cover of Italian Vogue and to attain supermodel status. Contracts with Calvin Klein and Maybelline followed, as did a commission from the Metropolitan Museum of Art for 120 castings of her head, to be used on the museum's mannequins. She was one of three partners of New York's Fashion Café until she pulled out in 1997.
More on Christy Turlington from Fact Monster:
- Christy Turlington - Biography of Christy Turlington, Lanky, yoga-loving model for Calvin Klein
- Claudia Schiffer - Claudia Schiffer model, actress Born: 8/25/1970 Birthplace: Rheinberg/Dusseldorf, Germany A super ...
- Naomi Campbell - Naomi Campbell model Born: 5/22/1970 Birthplace: London, England International supermodel who was ...
- Elle Macpherson - Elle Macpherson (Eleanor Gow) model, actress Born: 3/29/1964 Birthplace: Sydney, Australia Elle ...
- Calvin Klein - Biography of Calvin Klein, The designer with the famous underwear ads