Tom Waitsmusician; actorBorn: 12/7/1949Birthplace: Pomona, California
Waits made a number of critically acclaimed albums before his commercial breakthrough Small Change (1976). He followed with Heartattack and Vine (1980), Rain Dogs (1985), and others, including One From the Heart (1982), which earned him a Best Soundtrack Oscar nomination. His involvement with movies goes beyond soundtracks and onto the screen, where his appearances include The Outsiders (1979), Down by Law (1986), Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), Short Cuts (1993), and Mystery Men (1999).
More on Tom Waits from Fact Monster:
- Tom Waits - Biography of Tom Waits, Raspy-voiced singer of "The Piano Has Been Drinking"
- Big Time - Starring Tom Waits, Ralph Carney, Greg Cohen, Marc Ribot, Willie Schwarz
- Scarlett Johansson - Biography of Scarlett Johansson, The leading lady of Lost in Translation
- 1999 Grammy Awards - 1999 Grammy Awards The 42nd Annual Grammy Awards were presented at Los Angeles' Staples Center ...
- December 7 Birthdays: Giovanni Bernini - December 7 birthdays: Giovanni Bernini, Ellen Burstyn, Larry Bird, Reginald Lewis, Richard Warren Sears, Aaron Carter, Willa Cather, Noam Chomsky, Tom Waits, Harry Chapin, Ted Knight