George KennedyactorBorn: 2/18/1925Birthplace: New York City
This character actor began his career on stage and radio as a child and became a familiar face to American audiences in television and film during the 1960s. A featured actor in various short-lived television dramas and disaster movies such as Airport (1970) its various sequels, and the Naked Gun (1988, 1991, 1994) series with Leslie Nielson. George Kennedy is best-known for his 1988–91 stint as Carter McKay on the nighttime soap Dallas. He won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in the movie Cool Hand Luke (1967).
More on George Kennedy from Fact Monster:
- Airport - Starring Burt Lancaster, Dean Martin, Jean Seberg, Jacqueline Bisset, George Kennedy
- Airport '77 - Starring Jack Lemmon, Lee Grant, Joseph Cotten, Olivia de Havilland, James Stewart
- February 18 Birthdays: Toni Morrison - February 18 birthdays: Toni Morrison, Matt Dillon, Molly Ringwald, George Kennedy, Helen Gurley Brown, Sholem Aleichem, Louis Comfort Tiffany, John Travolta, Charles Michael Schwab
- The Infoplease Crossword Puzzle: Disaster Movies - by Kelly Ann Buchanan Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle! Click "Reveal" for ...
- Selected Biographies: K - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters