Territories, Colonies, and Dependencies
Source: The World Factbook, 2005
The following is a list of dependencies—territories under the jurisdiction of another country.
- Ashmore and Cartier Islands
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Coral Sea Islands
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands
- Norfolk Island
Under Danish Jurisdiction (2)
Under Dutch Jurisdiction (2)
Under French Jurisdiction (16)
- Bouvet Island
- Jan Mayen
Under UK Jurisdiction (15)
Under U.S. Jurisdiction (14)
- Disputed Territories (6): Antarctica, Gaza Strip, Paracel Islands, Spratly Islands, West Bank, Western Sahara
Information Please® Database, © 2012 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Colonies and Dependencies Territories from Fact Monster:
- Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies of the United Kingdom - Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies of the United Kingdom Anguilla Bermuda British Indian ...
- territory - territory territory, in U.S. history, a portion of the national domain that is given limited ...
- Dependencies of Norway - Dependencies of Norway Map of Svalbard Source: The World Factbook 2003 Svalbard (23,957 sq mi; ...
- French Overseas Territories - French Overseas Territories French Polynesia New Caledonia and Dependencies Southern and Antarctic ...
- Territory of Belfort - Belfort, Territory of Belfort, Territory of, department (1990 pop. 134,400), E France, in Alsace, ...