Cecil B. DeMilledirector, producer, screenwriter
Birthplace: Ashfield, Massachusetts
An innovative and influential figure in the development of Hollywood filmmaking, he is best known for his big budget epic films, including The Ten Commandments (1923), King of Kings (1927), Cleopatra (1934), The Crusades (1935), and The Greatest Show on Earth (1952), which won an Academy Award for Best Picture. Died: 1/21/1959
More on Cecil B DeMille from Fact Monster:
- Samuel Goldwyn - Samuel Goldwyn (Samuel Goldfish) film producer Born: 7/1879 Birthplace: Warsaw, Poland After ...
- Gloria Swanson - Swanson, Gloria Swanson, Gloria, 1899–1983, American movie actress, b. Chicago. Swanson began ...
- The Ten Commandments (1956) - Starring Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, Yvonne De Carlo
- 2006 Golden Globe Awards - 2006 Golden Globe Awards The 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards were presented January 15, 2007 at the ...
- Betty Hutton - Biography of Betty Hutton, The original "Blonde Bombshell"