Birthplace: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Film star of the '40s and '50s, known primarily for his roles in films like Lucky Jordan (1942), Two Years Before the Mast, The Blue Dahlia, O.S.S. (all 1946), The Great Gatsby (1949), and Branded (1951). His best film is widely considered to be Shane , filmed in 1951 but not released until 1953. His son, Alan Ladd, Jr. has become a recognizable producer in the industry.Died: 1/29/1964
More on Alan Ladd from Fact Monster:
- Alan Ladd - Biography of Alan Ladd, Star of the 1953 western Shane
- Graham Greene - Biography of Graham Greene, Author of The Honorary Consul and The Third Man
- Jack Palance - Biography of Jack Palance, The creepy trail boss Curly in City Slickers
- Arkansas - Information on Arkansas — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid - Starring Steve Martin, Rachel Ward, Carl Reiner, Alan Ladd, Barbara Stanwyck