Michael Landon(Eugene Maurice Orowitz)actor, producer-director, writerBorn: 10/31/1936Birthplace: Forest Hills, New York
Talented actor who starred for 14 years in Bonanza (1959–73) then went on to act in and executive produce other series such as Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven. He made his film debut in I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957) which has become a cult classic. By the end of the Bonanza run, Landon had gained proficiency in writing and directing episodes of the series. He turned down several offers before agreeing to play Charles Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie (1974–82) then left to develop Highway to Heaven (1984–89) in which he played an angel. Landon had begun work on a new series, Us, when he died of pancreatic and liver cancer. Died: 7/1/1991
More on Michael Landon from Fact Monster:
- The Velveteen Rabbit - Starring Jane Seymour, Tom Skerritt, Ellen Burstyn, Matthew Harbour, Kevin Jubinville
- Laura Ingalls Wilder - Biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder, Author of the Little House on the Prairie books
- Television Hall of Fame - Television Hall of Fame Each year, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences inducts up to seven ...
- New York, N.Y. - Information on New York, N.Y. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- October 31 Birthdays: Chiang Kai-shek - October 31 birthdays: Chiang Kai-shek, Michael Collins, Dale Evans, John Candy, Dan Rather, Peter Jackson, John Keats, Juliette Gordon Low , Jan Vermeer, Jane Pauley, Michael Landon, Barbara Bel Geddes