John Ritter(Jonathan Ritter)actorBorn: 9/17/1948Birthplace: Burbank, California
Son of singer/actor Tex Ritter, John Ritter has had a successful career in TV and movies. After a stint on The Waltons (1973–77), he came to prominence as a comic actor on TV's Three's Company (1977–84), winning an Emmy for his performance in that series (1984). He also acted in Three's a Crowd (1984–85) and played the lead role in Hooperman (1987–89). After some lackluster work in film, he delivered a striking performance playing a sensitive gay man in Sling Blade (1996).Died: Sept. 11, 2003
More on John Ritter from Fact Monster:
- John RITTER - RITTER, John (1779—1851) RITTER, John, a Representative from Pennsylvania; born in Exeter, ...
- Suzanne Somers - Biography of Suzanne Somers, Chrissy on TV's Three's Company
- Clifford's Really Big Movie - Starring John Ritter, Wayne Brady, Kath Soucie, Cree Summer, Cam Clarke
- Selected Biographies: R - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters
- Information Please: 2003 - 2003 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science | Deaths ...