Art CarneyactorBorn: 11/4/1918Birthplace: Mt. Vernon, New York
Carney is best-known for his Emmy-winning portrayal of Ed Norton, Jackie Gleason's sidekick on the various incarnations of The Honeymooners (1952–70), but he has also had a varied stage and film career. He created the role of Felix Unger in the Broadway premiere of The Odd Couple (1965), guest-starred as The Archer on Batman (1966-68), won an Oscar for Harry and Tonto (1974), and has appeared in movies ranging from The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984) to Last Action Hero (1993).Died: 11/9/2003
More on Art Carney from Fact Monster:
- Famous Fictional Couples | Ralph and Alice Kramden - TV's gruff but loveable "Honeymooners"
- Phoebe Cates - Biography of Phoebe Cates, The fantasy girl in Fast Times At Ridgemont High
- Jack Lemmon - Biography of Jack Lemmon, Felix Ungar in the movie The Odd Couple
- November 4 Birthdays: Laura Bush - November 4 birthdays: Laura Bush, Luis Figo, Diddy, Matthew McConaughey, Loretta Swit, Walter Cronkite, Will Rogers, Art Carney, Harry George Ferguson
- Television Hall of Fame - Television Hall of Fame Each year, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences inducts up to seven ...