Alice Cooper(Vincent Furnier)musicianBorn: 2/4/1948Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan
Rock musician known for his hard-rock teen anthems and theatrical live shows featuring shocking stunts and props. The son of protestant preacher, Cooper began playing in bands while in high school. After moving to Los Angeles in 1968, he released two albums on the label of experimental rock virtuoso Frank Zappa. In 1974, Cooper fired his band to embark on a solo career, scoring hits off several albums, including Welcome to My Nightmare (1975), Trash (1989), and A Fistful of Alice (1997). He also appeared in the films Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978), Wayne's World (1992) and Nightmare on Elm Street Part VI (1992).
More on Alice Cooper from Fact Monster:
- Marilyn Manson - Marilyn Manson (Brian Warner) rock musician Born: 1/5/1969 Birthplace: Canton, Ohio With such album ...
- Rob Zombie - Biography of Rob Zombie, Front man for the rock band White Zombie
- Arizona - Information on Arizona — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- rock music: The Late 1960s and Early 70s—Rock's Golden Age - The Late 1960s and Early 70s—Rock's Golden Age Folk Rock An important transformation of ...
- Phoenix, Ariz. - Information on Phoenix, Ariz. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.