Gianni Versacefashion designer
Birthplace: Reggio di Calabria, Italy
Versace launched his own label in 1978 and designed clothing that melded classic and pop culture influences, often featuring wild prints and ample bare flesh. He transformed fashion shows into media events, luring his numerous celebrity friends (such as Princess Diana, Elton John, Madonna, RuPaul, and Woody Allen) into the audience and helping to ignite the supermodel phenomenon. Versace also designed jewelry, home furnishings, and costumes for performers at La Scala. Died: 7/15/1997
More on Gianni Versace from Fact Monster:
- Gianni Versace - Versace, Gianni Versace, Gianni, 1946–97, Italian fashion designer, b. Reggio Calabria. A ...
- Gianni Versace - Biography of Gianni Versace, The superstar Italian fashion designer who was killed in Miami Beach
- December 2 Birthdays: Georges Seurat - December 2 birthdays: Georges Seurat, Lucy Liu, Nelly Furtado, Gianni Versace, Britney Spears, Monica Seles, Julie Harris, Peter Carl Goldmark, Alexander Haig, Maria Callas
- Ten Most Wanted List FAQ - The Ten Most Wanted FAQ by David Johnson 1. Have any women ever appeared on the list? Answer: Yes. ...
- Selected Biographies: V - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters