Alexander Graham BellBorn: 1847
Birthplace: Edinburgh, Scotland
Telegraphy—In addition to the telephone, Bell held patents for the telegraph, photophone, phonograph, aerial vehicles, hydroairplanes, and a selenium cell. He was also noted for his medical research and work in teaching speech to the deaf. (1974)Died: 1922
More on Alexander Graham Bell from Fact Monster:
- Alexander Graham Bell - Bell, Alexander Graham Bell, Alexander Graham, 1847–1922, American scientist, inventor of the ...
- Alexander Graham Bell - Biography of Alexander Graham Bell, Inventor of the telephone
- March 3 Birthdays: Alexander Bell - March 3 birthdays: Alexander Bell, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Matthew Ridgway , Jean Harlow, George M. Pullman
- 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History - 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History War of 1812 The Civil War Spanish-American War ...
- Alexander Melville Bell - Bell, Alexander Melville Bell, Alexander Melville, 1819–1905, Scottish-American educator, b. ...