Nikola TeslaBorn: 1856
Birthplace: Smiljan, Lika, Croatia
Electro-magnetic motor—Tesla invented the induction motor which had a rotating magnetic field. The electro-magnetic motor was instrumental in converting electrical energy into mechanical energy, enabling electric motors to power machines. (1975)Died: 1943
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Nikola Tesla from Fact Monster:
- Nikola Tesla - Nikola Tesla electrical engineer, inventor Born: 7/9/1856 Birthplace: Smiljan Lika, Croatia A ...
- Nikola Tesla - Tesla, Nikola Tesla, Nikola , 1856–1943, American electrician and inventor, b. Croatia (then ...
- Nikola Tesla - Biography of Nikola Tesla, The electrical genius who invented alternating current
- weber, unit of magnetic flux - weber weber [for W. E. Weber], abbr. Wb, unit of magnetic flux in the mks system of weights and ...
- ELECTRIC MOTORS - Electric motors make things move. They convert electrical power into mechanical power using electromagnetic attraction and repulsion. There are many k