Thomas Alva EdisonBorn: 1847
Birthplace: Milan, Ohio
Electric lamp—Edison held 1,093 patents, including those for the incandescent electric lamp, the phonograph, the carbon telephone transmitter, and the motion-picture projector. He also created the world's first industrial research laboratory. (1973)Died: 1931
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Thomas Alva Edison from Fact Monster:
- Thomas Alva Edison - Edison, Thomas Alva Edison, Thomas Alva, 1847–1931, American inventor, b. Milan, Ohio. A ...
- This Day in History: October 18 - October 18 1685 Louis XIV revoked the Edict of Nantes. 1767 The boundary between Maryland and ...
- Thomas Edison - Biography of Thomas Edison, The man who invented the light bulb
- February 11 Birthdays: Thomas Edison - February 11 birthdays: Thomas Edison, Eva Gabor, Joseph L. Mankiewicz, Sir Vivian Ernest Fuchs, Alexander H. Stephens, Lydia Child, Jennifer Aniston, Manuel Noriega, Burt Reynolds, Sheryl Crow, Farouk I
- infrared astronomy - infrared astronomy infrared astronomy, study of celestial objects by means of the infrared ...