Edmund GermerBorn: 1901
Birthplace: Berlin, Germany
High-pressure mercury vapor lamp; fluorescent light—The incandescent lamp is rather inefficient, converting only about 6% of its energy input into visible light while the remaining 94% is released as heat. His development of the flourescent lamp and the high-pressure mercury-vapor lamp significantly increased the efficiency of lighting devices allowing for more economical operation while producing less heat. (1996)Died: 1987
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.