Herman HollerithBorn: 1860
Birthplace: Buffalo, N.Y.
Art of compiling statistics—Hollerith invented a punch card tabulation machine system that revolutionized statistical computation. His system enabled the 1890 census to save $5 million and more than two years time. (1990)Died: 1929
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Herman Hollerith from Fact Monster:
- Herman Hollerith - Herman Hollerith engineer, computer inventor Born: 2/29/1860 Birthplace: Buffalo, N.Y. When ...
- Herman Hollerith - Hollerith, Herman Hollerith, Herman , 1860–1929, American inventor, b. Buffalo, N.Y. After ...
- Leap Year Explained - 2008 is no common year
- February 29 Birthdays: Gioacchino Rossini - February 29 birthdays: Gioacchino Rossini, Antonio Sabato, Jr., Herman Hollerith, Ann Lee
- G - I - G - I Franz Xaver Gabelsberger James Gadsden Lyman Judson Gage James Galanos John Kenneth Galbraith ...