Percy Lavon JulianBorn: 1899
Birthplace: Montgomery, Ala.
Preparation of cortisone—Julian's notable discoveries were the synthesis of cortisone, used in the treatment of arthritis; Aerofoam, used to suffocate gasoline and oil fires, and the synthesis of physostigmine, a treatment for glaucoma. Physostigmine is also being explored in the treatment of Alzheimer's Disease. (1990)Died: 1975
More on Percy Lavon Julian from Fact Monster:
- Percy Lavon Julian - Percy Lavon Julian chemist Born: 4/11/1899 Birthplace: Montgomery, Ala. In addition to an extensive ...
- Percy Lavon Julian - Julian, Percy Lavon Julian, Percy Lavon, 1899–1975, African-American chemist, inventor, and ...
- I-M - I-M Jovita Idar Samuel Elmer Imes Topa Inca Ishi Daniel “Chappie” James, Jr. Mae C. ...
- April 11 Birthdays: Charles Evans Hughes - April 11 birthdays: Charles Evans Hughes, Percy Lavon Julian, Dean Acheson, Oleg Cassini
- Selected Biographies: J - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters