George Westinghouse Born: 1846
Birthplace: Central Bridge, N.Y.
Steam-power brake devices—Westinghouse invented a system of railroad brakes that would centralize control in the hands of the engineer. Westinghouse, Tesla and other inventors developed alternating current motors and apparatus for the transmission of high tension current leading to large scale municipal lighting. (1989)Died: 1914
More on George Westinghouse from Fact Monster:
- George Westinghouse - Westinghouse, George Westinghouse, George, 1846–1914, American inventor and manufacturer, b. ...
- George Westinghouse - Biography of George Westinghouse, Air brake inventor and Edison's AC rival
- V - Z - V - Z Jacobus Van Cortlandt Stephen Van Cortlandt Cornelius Vanderbilt William Henry Vanderbilt Sir ...
- Nikola Tesla - Biography of Nikola Tesla, The electrical genius who invented alternating current
- Thomas Edison - Biography of Thomas Edison, The man who invented the light bulb