The World's Favorite Pets
Household pets are common in America, Europe, and Asia.
Australian Aborigines capture dingo (wild dog) puppies and
raise them for a time before letting them go.
- In China and Hong Kong, cats are thought to bring good luck and are
kept in shops as well as homes.
- The Japanese keep birds and crickets as pets.
- In Arab countries, dogs are considered unclean. Contact with a dog
must be followed by a ritual washing.
- The Italians also have little use for dogs but find cats charming
and companionable. Thousands of stray cats live in the Forum, the
Colosseum, and other historic landmarks in Rome.
- The Inuit Eskimo of northern Canada adopt bear cubs, foxes, birds,
and baby seals.
- Animals are rarely kept as pets in Africa.
- The British are especially fond of pets. Half of all the households
in England have a pet, usually a cat or bird.
More on World's Favorite Pets from Fact Monster:
- Pets Page - Almanac—Cool Stuff Pets Fun Facts Most Popular Pet Names Animals and People Animal Jokes ...
- Hangman - Dog Breeds - Dog Breeds Try Another See also Top 10 Dog Breeds, World's Favorite Pets, Pet Ownership in the ...
- The Most Popular Pet Names - Popular Pet Names Missy, Misty, or just plain Lucky? by Holly Hartman Did you know your furry ...