Nas(Nasir Jones)musician, actorBorn: 1973?Birthplace: Queens, New York
The son of jazz trumpeter Olu Dara, Nas first came to the attention of hip-hop fans when former 3rd Bass member MC Serch used Nas's “Half Time” on the soundtrack of the movie Zebrahead, after which Nas was signed to a deal with Serch's production company. His first release, Illmatic (1994) has been hailed as a classic of the genre, and its follow-up, It Was Written (1996), entered the charts at number one. Nas has also acted in Belly (1998).
More on Nas from Fact Monster:
- Foxy Brown - Biography of Foxy Brown, Sassy rapper of Ill Na Na
- t.A.T.u. - Biography of t.A.T.u., Teen "lesbian" singing duo from Russia
- Christina Aguilera - Biography of Christina Aguilera, The crooner of "Genie In a Bottle" and "Beautiful"
- Selected Rap and Hip–Hop Musicians - Selected biographies of well-known Rap and Hip–Hop Musicians
- Black Musicians - The following list includes African-American singers, composers, rappers, pianists, and other musicians who have contributed to the world of music, including Count Basie, Akon, Natalie Cole, Missy Elliot, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, and more.