- The Dallas Cowboys, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Pittsburgh Steelers share the record for most Super Bowl wins. The teams have won the Super Bowl five times.
- Don Shula, who coached with the Baltimore Colts and the Miami Dolphins, won 347 games in his career. That's more than any other coach in NFL history. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1997.
- Jim Brown led the NFL in rushing more times than any other running back in history. He led the league eight times from 1957 to 1965 in his spectacular career.
- The Green Bay Packers won the first Super Bowl ever played, which was held in Los Angeles in January 1967.
- Emmitt Smith ran for more than 18,000 yards in his 15-year career, more than any other player in history. After his retirement, he went on to win the third Dancing with the Stars competition.
- The Grey Cup, awarded to the champion of the Canadian Football League, was introduced in 1909.
- Beattie Feathers was the first player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. He did it in 1934 with the Chicago Bears.
- In 1984 the Baltimore Colts moved to Indianapolis and became the Indianapolis Colts. In 1996 the Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore to become the Baltimore Ravens. A new Cleveland Browns team debuted in 1999.
- Jay Berwanger, the first winner of the Heisman trophy, was the NFL's first number one pick in the college draft, when it was established in 1936.
- The NFL Pro Bowl, pro football's version of an all-star game, has been played at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii since 1980.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Pro Football from Fact Monster:
- Sports: Olympics, basketball, baseball, football, soccer, women in sports, animal sports - Fun facts about the Olympics, sports superstitions, baseball, basketball, football, soccer, hockey, gymnastics, women in sports, and animal athletes
- Walter Payton - Walter Payton July 25, 1954—November 1, 1999 by Michael Morrison Walter Payton, the former ...
- Red Grange - Red Grange Born: June 13, 1903 Football HB 3-time All-America at Illinois who brought 1st huge ...
- Ernie Nevers - Ernie Nevers Born: June 11, 1903 Football FB earned 11 letters in four sports at Stanford; played ...
- Gene Upshaw - Gene Upshaw Born: Aug. 15, 1945 Died: Aug. 17, 2008 Football G 2-time All-AFL and 3-time All-NFL ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring