Liz Claiborne(Elisabeth Claiborne Ortenberg)fashion designer, business executiveBorn: 1929Birthplace: Brussels, Belgium
Raised in New Orleans, she studied art in Europe rather than finish high school. She worked as a designer in New York for 25 years before founding her own firm in 1976. The company began designing stylish sportswear for working women, then expanded into men's clothing and accessories, ultimately commanding a billion dollars a year. She retired from active management in 1989.
More on Liz Claiborne from Fact Monster:
- Donna Karan - Donna Karan (Donna Faske) fashion designer, business executive Born: 10/2/1948 Birthplace: Forest ...
- Year in Review, 2007 - An overview of national and international events, people in the news, timelines, and quizzes|Top events for the nation and the world
- Tim Gunn - Biography of Tim Gunn, Notable Quote: "Make it work."
- Niki Taylor - Biography of Niki Taylor, The supermodel nearly killed in a 2001 car crash
- Women Fashion Designers and Models - Women in fashion