Ralph FiennesactorBorn: 12/22/1962Birthplace: Suffolk, England
Handsome British leading man who burst onto the American scene as the evil concentration camp commander Amon Goeth in Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List (1993), a role which earned him Best Supporting Actor nominations from both the Academy Awards and the Golden Globe. While commanding leading roles in such movies as The English Patient (1996) and Quiz Show (1994), Fiennes managed to grab a Best Actor Tony for his Hamlet in 1995. Fiennes also appeared in The End of the Affair (1999) and Sunshine (1999).
More on Ralph Fiennes from Fact Monster:
- Ralph Fiennes - Biography of Ralph Fiennes, Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter films
- Famous Shakespearean Actors - From John Barrymore to Emma Thompson
- December 22 Birthdays: Lady Bird Johnson - December 22 birthdays: Lady Bird Johnson, James Oglethorpe, Diane Sawyer, Giacomo Puccini, Dame Peggy Ashcroft, Thomas Wentworth Higginson, Edwin Arlington Robinson, Connie Mack, Ralph Fiennes, Jordin Sparks
- On This Day... , - Wednesday, December 22, 2010 This is 356th day of the year and 9 days remain in the year. Hebrew ...
- Harry Potter Movie Stars - Bringing the Potter books to the big screen