Oscar De La HoyaBorn: Feb. 4, 1973
1992 Olympic gold medallist (lightweight); has held world titles in 4 weight classes (lightweight, super lightweight, welterweight and jr. middleweight); was unbeaten until losing WBC Welterweight belt to Felix Trinidad in a majority decision in 1999; later moved to jr. middleweight and won WBA and WBC belts; TKO’d in 9th round by Bernard Hopkins in their undisputed middleweight title fight in September 2004.
More on Oscar De La Hoya from Fact Monster:
- Hispanic American Athletes - Notable Hispanic American athletes
- Oscar De La Hoya - Biography of Oscar De La Hoya, Middleweight boxing star of the 1990s
- Bernard Hopkins - Bernard Hopkins Born: Jan. 15, 1965 Boxing became first undisputed world middleweight champion ...
- Felix Trinidad - Felix Trinidad Born: Jan. 10, 1973 Puerto Rican boxer former WBC/IBF welterweight champion; won WBC ...
- Young Sports Stars - Young Sports Stars Freddy Adu Andre Agassi Oksana Baiul Drew Bledsoe Sergi Bruguera Kobe Bryant ...