Louis Braille, who became blind from an accident at age 3, developed the Braille System to help teach blind children to read and write. The system of letters, numbers, and punctuation marks consists of six raised points or dots used in 63 possible combinations.
Alphabet in Braille
Numbers and Punctuation Marks in Braille
More on Braille System from Fact Monster:
- Louis Braille - Braille, Louis Braille, Louis , 1809?–1852, French inventor of the Braille system of printing ...
- touch - touch touch, tactile sensation received by the skin, enabling the organism to detect objects or ...
- American Sign Language and Braille - American Sign Language and Braille Sign language for the deaf was first systematized in France ...
- TOUCH - Your sense of touch works by means of special sensory receptors scattered all over your body’s surface. These receptors allow you to feel an amazing r
- January 4 Birthdays: Jakob Grimm - January 4 birthdays: Jakob Grimm, Jane Wyman, Benjamin Rush, Sir Isaac Newton, Louis Braille, Floyd Patterson, Sir Isaac Pitman, Tom Thumb