Lindsay DavenportBorn: June 8, 1976
first American female to be ranked No. 1 in the world (1998) since Chris Evert in 1985; won U.S. Open (1998), Wimbledon (1999) and Australian Open (2000); Olympic gold medalist at Atlanta in 1996.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Lindsay Davenport from Fact Monster:
- Lindsay Davenport - Biography of Lindsay Davenport, Winner of the 1999 Wimbledon tennis tournament
- Tennis - Tennis Men Singles: Andre Agassi, USA, def. Sergi Bruguera, SPA, 6-2, 6-3, 6-1. Leander Paes, IND ...
- Olympic Preview: Tennis - 2008 Summer Olympics tennis
- Tennis - Tennis Men Singles: 1. Andre Agassi, USA, def. 2. Sergi Bruguera, SPA 6-2, 6-3, 6-1; 3. Leander ...
- Tennis - Tennis Mary Ewing Outerbride is credited with introducing lawn tennis to the United States in 1874. ...