Ann Landersadvice columnist
Birthplace: Sioux City, Iowa
Born Esther Pauline Friedman, she began writing her column in 1955 under the name “Ann Landers.” The column quickly became a success and is one of the most widely syndicated columns in the world. Landers has written five books and a number of pamphlets. Her twin sister, Pauline Esther also writes an advice column, “Dear Abby.”Died: Chicago, 6/22/2002
More on Ann Landers from Fact Monster:
- Born on the Fourth of July: Malia Obama, Ann Landers, Neil Simon - Read about famous Americans who share their birthdays with the United States of America
- Ann Landers - Biography of Ann Landers, Syndicated newspaper advice columnist
- Abigail Van Buren - Abigail Van Buren Pauline Esther Friedman advice columnist Born: 7/4/1918 Birthplace: Sioux City, ...
- columnist - columnist columnist, the writer of an essay appearing regularly in a newspaper or periodical, ...
- Iowa - Information on Iowa — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.