Isabel AllendeAuthorBorn: 8/2/1942Birthplace: Lima, Peru
The daughter of a diplomat, best-selling author Isabel Allende spent her childhood in South America, Europe, and the Middle East. As a teenager she returned to her family's native country, Chile, where she became a writer and television host, but fled in 1975 following a military coup. Allende published her first and most acclaimed novel, House of the Spirits, in 1985. She has lived and worked in the U.S. since 1988.
More on Isabel Allende from Fact Monster:
- Hispanic American Writers - Notable Hispanic American writers
- August 2 Birthdays: Isabel Allende - August 2 birthdays: Isabel Allende, Peter O'Toole, Carroll O'Connor, Elisha Gray, John Sloan, James Baldwin, Pierre Charles L'Enfant, Myrna Loy
- Isabel Allende - Allende, Isabel Allende, Isabel, 1942–, Chilean novelist. Since the 1973 coup that deposed ...
- Hispanic American Biographies, A-Z - Notable Hispanic American athletes, actors, and more.
- Winter Olympics 2006: Daily Highlights - Top news of the 2006 Winter Games, day by day