An anagram is a word, phrase or sentence formed by rearranging another word or group of words. Here are a few examples.
|funeral ||real fun|
|seminola ||is no meal|
|the eyes ||they see|
|the Morse Code ||here come dots|
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Anagrams from Fact Monster:
- anagram - anagram anagram [Gr.,=something read backward], rearrangement of the letters of a word or words to ...
- palindrome - palindrome: palindrome: see anagram.
- crossword puzzle - crossword puzzle crossword puzzle, word game in which words corresponding to numbered clues are put ...
- The Loch Ness Monster - Biography of The Loch Ness Monster, Elusive Scottish underwater monster
- Lord Voldemort - Biography of Lord Voldemort, Arch-villain of the Harry Potter books