Frederick BantingBorn: 1891
Purified Insulin. Canadian scientists Banting, Best, and Collip determined that insulin injections would help keep diabetics alive and developed techniques for extracting, isolating, and injecting it. Although not a cure, insulin remains the most effective means for treating the disease.Died: 1941
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Frederick Banting from Fact Monster:
- Sir Frederick Grant Banting - Banting, Sir Frederick Grant Banting, Sir Frederick Grant, 1891–1941, Canadian physician, ...
- Frederick Banting - Biography of Frederick Banting, The Canadian doctor who discovered insulin
- Information Please: 1923 - 1923 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science Year by ...
- Information Please: 1922 - 1922 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science Year by ...
- HISTORY OF CANADA - The first people in Canada came from Asia 70,000 to 12,000 years ago, via a land bridge now covered by the Bering Sea. The “First Nations” spread acro