Our skin has a defense system that makes us aware of annoying things that touch our body. Sometimes that annoying thing is just a fly. But sometimes we come into contact with something like poison ivy that causes a reaction in our skin. Poison ivy or bug bites cause an allergic response that keeps our skin itchy for a while.
It is almost as if poison ivy or bug bites make our skin think that something constantly there irritating our skin. It is best to prevent these reactions. So watch out for poison ivy and use the bug spray your mom bought you for summer camp.
|Why are our mouths dry in the morning?||Ask a Doctor:||Why do people sleep?|