In 2011, 62% of U.S. households owned pets. That is equivalent to 72.9 million homes and lots of furry and scaly friends.
||Number of U.S. |
owning a pet
|Number of |
pets in U.S.
Source: American Pet Products Association.
Fact Monster/Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Pet Ownership from Fact Monster:
- Household Pet Ownership, 2001 - Household Pet Ownership, 2001 Item Dog Cat Pet bird Horse Percent of households owning companion ...
- Birds - Birds Birds As Pets: What You Should Know Their bright colors, beautiful songs, and cheerful ...
- Dogs - Dogs Be A Responsible Dog Owner Take another look at the headline above. It could just have easily ...
- Guinea Pigs - Guinea Pigs How to Care for Guinea Pigs A descendant of the wild guinea pigs of South America, ...
- Bunnies - Rabbits How to Care for Rabbits Rabbits may be easy to love, but they're not quite as easy to ...