Top Ten Greenest Colleges in the U.S.,
The Sierra Club selected the top ten most environmentally friendly
colleges and universities in the country. Results are based on
clean-energy purchases, green-building policies, bike facilities, food
served in dorms, and recognition by environmental organizations, among
other factors. Honorable mentions this year include Carleton College, California State University at Chico, Unity College and Yale University.
||Number of Students
University of Colorado at
University of Vermont at
Warren Wilson College
Evergreen State College
Arizona State University at
University of Florida at
University of Washington at
The Sierra Club, November/December
2008. Web: Sierra Club
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education,
Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Top Ten Greenest Colleges in the U S 2008 from Fact Monster:
- Environment - Environment Non-Native Species Invade the United States New! Global Food Crisis New! The Year of ...
- What Is the Environment? - What Is the Environment? The environment is something you are very familiar with. It's ...
- Environment, Energy, and Nature - Find facts about the endangered rivers, pollution, waste, recycling, energy sources, fuel efficient vehicles, biomes, water supplies, and more.
- The Three R's of the Environment - The Three R's of the Environment Every year, Americans throw away 50 billion food and drink ...
- Earth Timeline: How People Have Affected the Environment - Earth Timeline: How People Have Affected the Environment 3.85 billion years ago: Life on Earth ...