Top Ten Greenest Colleges in the U.S.,
The Sierra Magazine selected the top ten most environmentally friendly
colleges and universities in the country. Results are based on
clean-energy purchases, green-building policies, bike facilities, food
served in dorms, and recognition by environmental organizations, among
|1. ||University of California, Davis|
|2. ||Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia |
|3. ||Stanford University, Palo Alto, California |
|4. ||University of Washington, Seattle, Washington|
|5. ||University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
|6. ||University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire
|7. ||Duke University, Durham, North Carolina |
|8. ||Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut |
|9. ||University of California, Irvine|
|10. ||Appalachian State University, Boone, NC |
Source: Sierra Magazine
More on Greenest Colleges in the U S from Fact Monster:
- Environment - Environment Non-Native Species Invade the United States New! Global Food Crisis New! The Year of ...
- What Is the Environment? - What Is the Environment? The environment is something you are very familiar with. It's ...
- Environment, Energy, and Nature - Find facts about the endangered rivers, pollution, waste, recycling, energy sources, fuel efficient vehicles, biomes, water supplies, and more.
- The Three R's of the Environment - The Three R's of the Environment Every year, Americans throw away 50 billion food and drink ...
- Earth Timeline: How People Have Affected the Environment - Earth Timeline: How People Have Affected the Environment 3.85 billion years ago: Life on Earth ...