Top Ten Greenest Colleges in the U.S.,
The Sierra Magazine selected the top ten most environmentally friendly
colleges and universities in the country. Results are based on
clean-energy purchases, green-building policies, bike facilities, food
served in dorms, and recognition by environmental organizations, among
|1. ||University of Connecticut, Storrs|
|2. ||Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania|
|3. ||University of California, Irvine |
|4. ||University of California, Davis|
|5. ||Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
|6. ||Green Mountain College, Poultney, Vermont
|7. ||Stanford University, Palo Alto, California |
|8. ||Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta|
|9. ||American University, Washington, D.C.|
|10. ||University of California, Santa Barbara |
Source: Sierra Magazine
Information Please® Database, © 2014 Pearson Education,
Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Greenest Colleges in the U S from Fact Monster:
- Environment - Environment Non-Native Species Invade the United States New! Global Food Crisis New! The Year of ...
- What Is the Environment? - What Is the Environment? The environment is something you are very familiar with. It's ...
- Environment, Energy, and Nature - Find facts about the endangered rivers, pollution, waste, recycling, energy sources, fuel efficient vehicles, biomes, water supplies, and more.
- The Three R's of the Environment - The Three R's of the Environment Every year, Americans throw away 50 billion food and drink ...
- Earth Timeline: How People Have Affected the Environment - Earth Timeline: How People Have Affected the Environment 3.85 billion years ago: Life on Earth ...