Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- Comments: Your comments on spider season
- According to experts, we can expect to see more spiders in our homes than usual this autumn.
- VIDEO: Cute baby cheetah cubs make zoo debut
- Cute baby cheetah cubs have been unveiled to the public at San Diego Zoo's Safari Park in the US.
- VIDEO: Pandas open eyes for first time
- A set of baby panda triplets have opened their eyes for the first time.
- Playful puppies take a dip
- Amazing pictures of paddling pooches making a splash.
- Pictures: Little wombat makes her zoo debut
- A baby Southern hairy-nosed wombat is now out of her mother's pouch and getting to know her new surroundings.
- Hedgehog populations in decline
- Hedgehogs are more thinly spread in the UK than previously thought, a study using ink pads to record their paw prints reveals.
- Goldfish has brain operation
- An Australian goldfish called George is recovering from successful microsurgery in which a large tumour was removed from his brain.
- VIDEO: Strictly cub dancing - ballroom bear
- A super-cute bear cub has been caught on camera playing on a golf course green in Canada - and dancing with a flag!
- Firefighters rescue dogs after blaze
- More than 150 dogs have been rescued after a fire swept through a dogs' home in Manchester.
- VIDEO: Bat dive bombs US news channel
- Presenters at a US TV station had a shock on Wednesday morning when a bat started flying around their studio.
- VIDEO: Supercute lion cubs at US zoo
- Four lion cubs have been shown to the public for the first time at Sand Diego Zoo, California in the US.
- VIDEO: The pet bakery serving up treats
- Manila's first gourmet pet café has opened in the Philippines, serving up everything from lasagne to cupcakes.
- Pictures: Thirty rare ducklings hatch at zoo
- Thirty rare Baer’s pochards have hatched at Chester Zoo. These Asian ducks are facing extinction, and it's thought only thirty are alive in the wild.
- Second year of badger culling begins
- Badgers are being killed in parts of England to try and stop the spread of tuberculosis in cattle.
- VIDEO: Baby elephant takes a plane trip
- See the orphaned baby elephant take a trip in a plane after being rescued.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Pictures: The freedivers who swim with whales
- A group of researchers who swim side-by-side with sperm whales and humpbacks are hoping to get a unique insight into the animals' behaviour.
- VIDEO: Fears for endangered Natterjack toad
- Scientists in Scotland are worried about the falling number of Natterjack toads.
- Rare colossal squid defrosted
- Marine biologists in New Zealand have started to examine a rare colossal squid, found in the Antarctic.
- VIDEO: Shark attacks underwater camera
- A drone captures the first-ever close-up of a Great White shark's lethal bite.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring