Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- Elephants recognise human voices
- Scientists reckon just by hearing a voice, African elephants can tell men from women, adults from kids and even tell the difference between our languages.
- Could Lydia the shark be pregnant?
- Scientists studying Lydia, the first great white shark to be seen crossing one side of the Atlantic to the other, believe she may be expecting a baby.
- Watch: Great white shark could make history
- A great white shark called Lydia could be about to make history as the first of its species to be seen crossing the Atlantic.
- Pictures: Posing pooches at Crufts 2014
- Meet the four-legged competitors from around the globe taking part at Crufts, the world's largest dog show
- Watch: Endangered birds fed scrambled egg
- Scientists are working to save the mangrove finch from extinction on the Galapagos islands, feeding them larva, scrambled eggs, papaya and wax worms.
- VIDEO: Baby hippopotamus born in Mexico
- A baby hippopotamus has been born at Mexico City's Chapultepec Zoo, the first one in 16 years.
- Cat accidently goes on coach adventure
- A cat woke up to a real surprise after taking a nap under a coach - it had ended up going on a 100-mile journey.
- VIDEO: Dog's 12-mile trip in car engine
- A curious dog has a lucky escape after surviving a 12-mile journey stuck in a car engine in Greater Manchester.
- Rewilding 'could help' UK nature
- Reintroducing wild animals to parts of the UK could help restore our environment to a more natural state, a new report suggests.
- VIDEO: Flying penguins' epic journey
- Five Gentoo penguins have flown all the way from Texas in America to a new home in Hull, England.
- VIDEO: Big zoo sleepover unlocks animal sleep secrets
- A huge experiment was carried out at Bristol Zoo to find out what animals get up to at night.
- VIDEO: Three beavers spotted on the River Otter
- A group of beavers has been seen in the English countryside in what is thought to be the first such sighting in hundreds of years.
- Rescued seal pups released into wild
- The first seals pups orphaned when a storm surge hit the Norfolk coast in December are released back into the wild.
- Pictures: Ecuador animal expedition
- A team of experts and conservationists from Chester zoo have been on a fact-finding expedition to Ecuador, and they sent back some amazing pictures. Check them out!
- Massive whale graveyard explained
- Scientists think they can now explain a massive graveyard of fossil whales that was discovered in Chile.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Pictures: Snake eats crocodile in Australia
- A snake has won a long battle with a crocodile in Australia WARNING: Some viewers may find these pictures disturbing.
- VIDEO: How to keep a flying penguin happy
- Katy Duke from The Deep Aquarium talks about penguin quarantine and what keeps penguins happy and entertained!
- VIDEO: What does a penguin keeper do?
- Emma Burdon from The Deep Aquarium talks about what it's like to look after the five new Gentoo penguins.
- Buzz the old dog that learnt new tricks
- You have probably heard a grown-up say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but one dog owner went to great lengths to prove you can. Check out the pictures.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring