Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- Baby rhino meets her dad
- See baby rhino Nomvula meet her dad for the first time at Knowsley Safari Park
- What do you get when you cross snowboarding with a horse?
- Snowboarders in Russia have come up with an clever solution to boarding without hills...
- How rhinos use poo to communicate with each other
- A new study says that rhinos leave messages in their poo, making the group dung heap like their own message board.
- Zoo animals playing in the snow
- Check out what these zoo animals got up to when their home closed to the public because of so much snow...
- How being rubbed in poo let spy camera blend in
- This lifelike robot looks, moves and even smells like a meerkat, all so he can do some amazing secret filming.
- He looks and acts like a meerkat but is a secret camera
- Filmmakers from Spy in the Wild use robot animals to spy on real animals in the wild.
- First sighting of 'sea dragon' in the wild
- It might not breathe fire, but the 'ruby sea dragon' fish looks pretty dragon-like, and it's been seen alive for the first time.
- Baboons can make sounds similar to humans
- The results of a study into the grunts baboons make has found they create five sounds similar to the vowels we use to say words.
- Newsround's cheekiest animal thieves!
- A sneaky squirrel made headlines for stealing chocolate from a local shop in Canada. Here are some other naughty animals caught in the act!
- Walk like a penguin? Doctor's orders
- Doctors in Germany have told people to walk like a Penguin to avoid slipping on pavements so we put that theory to the test.
- A baby Elephant learns how to walk again
- A Baby Elephant whose leg was injured by a trap has learnt to walk again using water therapy.
- Giant panda caught playing with snowman
- Take a look at this super cute panda from Toronto Zoo taking on a snowman.
- Tiger cub comes out to play for first time at Florida zoo
- A Malayan Tiger cub makes its first public appearance three months after being born at a zoo in Florida.
- Last ever orca show at SeaWorld San Diego
- The amusement park will do its final killer whale show this weekend after saying it would no longer breed orcas and would stop making them do tricks.
- Five Dippy Dino Facts
- After over 100 years in London, Dippy the Diplodocus from the Natural History Museum is going on tour
- Our latest bulletin
- Ayshah has all your top stories this Monday Afternoon
- Elephants and the ivory trade: The crisis in Africa
- Newsround's guide to how the ivory trade is having a devastating impact on the number of elephants in the world.
- Pictures: Weird animals invading sports events
- After hundreds of moths invaded the Euro 2016 final, Newsround looks back at some other animals that have tried to get in on the sporting action.