Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- VIDEO: Super survival turtle back in wild
- A green sea turtle is back in the wild after surviving being hit by a boat, a crocodile attack, and more than a year in hospital.
- Museum fossils are new dino species
- A new species of horned dinosaur is identified from fossils held in a Canadian museum for 75 years.
- VIDEO: More pet terrapins being dumped
- More and more pet terrapins are being dumped by their owners, the animal charity RSPCA is warning.
- Pictures: Cat Show contest
- The Supreme Cat Show, which is one of the largest cat competitions in Europe, has taken place in Birmingham.
- VIDEO: Rhino deaths hit record high
- Rhino deaths due to poaching hit a record high in South Africa.
- Gnasher gets microchipped
- Gnasher gets microchipped in this week's issue of the comic. It comes ahead of new rules which will mean dogs in England and Wales will have to have the chips.
- VIDEO: Tortoises born in Lake District
- Four baby tortoises have been born at the Lake District wildlife park in Cumbria for the first time.
- VIDEO: Animals on the move from rescue centre
- 1,700 animals at Wetheriggs animal rescue centre in Cumbria have packed their bags to move to their new home in County Durham.
- VIDEO: Bear filmed wandering around shop
- A black bear cub has been filmed wandering the aisles of a shop in the US state of Oregon.
- Pictures: Underwater photo competition winners
- Have a look at these stunning pictures, winners and runners-up in a competition by the British Society of Underwater Photographers.
- VIDEO: Humpback whales shock fishermen
- Two Norwegian men fishing in Troms came within an arm's length of a group of humpback whales.
- Could there be tiger on the loose?
- Police say they are searching for a tiger after reports of a big cat being seen in a carpark near Paris.
- VIDEO: Horse is popular care home visitor
- A nine-year-old horse has proved a hit with care home residents in Shropshire after becoming a regular visitor.
- Why do starlings 'dance' in the sky?
- Martin goes starling watching in Brighton to find out why the birds fly together and create mesmerising patterns called 'murmurations' in the sky.
- VIDEO: Watch: Robo-penguin helps bird research
- A remote-controlled vehicle disguised as a penguin helps researchers study shy emperor penguins up close.
- Watch: British sea predators "at risk"
- Great predators in Britain's seas like basking sharks, dolphins and porpoises, urgently need more protection, according to a new report.
- VIDEO: Watch: Man says sorry for climbing on top of dead whale
- An Australian man who climbed onto a dead whale as it floated offshore has apologised for his actions.
- VIDEO: The Halloween party for pugs
- Lots of you might be dressing up for Halloween today but it's not just humans getting in the spooky spirit.
- VIDEO: Playful pandas avoid medicine
- Pandas try their best to avoid taking their medicine by playing with their helper in southwest China's Chengdu.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- VIDEO: Meet the dog saved by a social network
- When Jasper the dog went missing on a mountain, owner Adam shared a photo of him on the internet. It led to an emotional and slobbery reunion.
- Watch: The leopard raised in a bathroom
- A baby leopard called Nimbus has been raised by a family in their bathroom.
- VIDEO: Shark attacks underwater camera
- A drone captures the first-ever close-up of a Great White shark's lethal bite.
- VIDEO: Cats - 3 things you might not know!
- Are cats more selfish than dogs? Do cats have friends? And should you ever look a cat in the eye? BBC Cat Watch presenter Liz Bonnin gives us the answers...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring