Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- VIDEO: Thousands of bats take over Aussie town
- Thousands of bats have taken over a town in Australia and now locals are trying to scare them away.
- The creature that 'lives forever'
- Scientists in Denmark discover a creature that can live forever!
- Wildlife centre appeal for injured seal pups
- A wildlife centre in Norfolk appeal for seal pups injured by flooding
- Porpoises spotted in River Thames
- A pod of five porpoises have been spotted in the River Thames in London.
- Mountain lion found in American park
- A mountain lion named P22 (Puma 22) has been found in the national park around the Hollywood sign in LA.
- Why do koalas have deep voices?
- Scientists have discovered why koalas have such deep voices.
- Pictures: Christmas comes early for meerkats
- Paul, George and Ringo have been given their own stockings to explore by zookeepers.
- Chemical ban to save bees begins
- A ban on chemicals which some people think are harmful to bees has come into effect across the European Union today.
- Big pile of fossilised poo found
- A massive toilet full of thousands of fossilised poos offers a time capsule to the dawn of the dinosaurs say scientists.
- VIDEO: Slow seahorses sneak up on prey
- Seahorses might not be the fastest swimmers but they are very good at sneaking up on their prey.
- Pictures: Fat pets before and after slimming
- The winner of the UK pet slimmer of the year has been announced. See the winner and some of the runners up in the PDSA's Pet Fit Club competition.
- VIDEO: Man who rescues kangaroo orphans
- Chris Barns is known as 'Kangaroo Dundee' because he rescues and raises orphaned kangaroo joeys - now his story has been made into a TV show.
- Misty the dinosaur sold for £400,000
- An incredibly rare, 150 million year old dinosaur skeleton has been sold at an auction in West Sussex.
- Pictures: Huge horse head sculptures finished
- The Kelpies, one of the UK's tallest pieces of public art, are two giant sculptures of horses' heads, and work on them has now been completed.
- Watch: Red squirrels 'resisting deadly pox'
- Red squirrels in Merseyside have shown signs of resistance to a deadly virus that has killed thousands of them.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Wildlife Photographer 2013 preview
- The top 100 photos from thousands of entrants have been chosen for the Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2013 competition. Here's a sneak peek!
- What are the most popular pet names?
- Poppy is the UK's most popular name for cats and dogs according a study of more than 50,000 pets.
- Steve Backshall answers your questions
- He's arguably got the coolest job in the world - taking on some of the world's deadliest animals. We catch up with Steve Backshall and put some of your questions to him.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring