Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- VIDEO: 'It's a great time for spiders'
- Experts say that this autumn, spiders in our houses will be even bigger than usual, because the recent mild weather has meant there are more insects for them to eat.
- Dog afraid of walks needs new home
- An animal charity has appealed for a new home for a dog who cannot be walked.
- VIDEO: Lucky escape for dog in drain
- Check out these pictures from China where it's thought a poor pooch was trapped down a drain for several days before he was saved.
- VIDEO: Keepers surprised by baby meerkat
- Animal keepers at a rescue centre in Penrith, Cumbria, have been enjoying an unexpected arrival - a baby meerkat.
- Pictures: Rare albino hedgehogs find new home
- Two tiny albino hedgehogs, named Tughall and Albie, have been rescued in Northumberland.
- Pictures: Your amazing giant spider pictures
- Take a look at some of the super spider pictures you've have been sending in.
- Get involved: Have you spotted any spiders or webs?
- According to experts, we can expect to see more spiders in our homes than usual this autumn. We want you to send us a picture of the spiders that you've spotted.
- VIDEO: Amateur angler catches monster carp
- An amateur angler from Greater Manchester has caught what's believed to be the largest common carp in the world.
- Ice-age woolly mammoth for sale
- An ice age woolly mammoth skeleton, that's 10,000 years old, goes under the hammer at auction.
- VIDEO: Sea creatures arrive back home
- Seals, turtles, penguins and sharks are among nearly three-thousand creatures returning to a Sea Life Centre and Aquarium in Norfolk after flooding forced them out for 10 months.
- Giant panda is no longer pregnant
- Edinburgh Zoo confirms its female giant panda, Tian Tian, is no longer pregnant.
- VIDEO: Cute baby cheetah cubs make zoo debut
- Cute baby cheetah cubs have been unveiled to the public at San Diego Zoo's Safari Park in the US.
- VIDEO: Fears for endangered Natterjack toad
- Scientists in Scotland are worried about the falling number of Natterjack toads.
- VIDEO: Pandas open eyes for first time
- A set of baby panda triplets have opened their eyes for the first time.
- Goldfish has brain operation
- An Australian goldfish called George is recovering from successful microsurgery in which a large tumour was removed from his brain.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Pictures: The freedivers who swim with whales
- A group of researchers who swim side-by-side with sperm whales and humpbacks are hoping to get a unique insight into the animals' behaviour.
- Playful puppies take a dip
- Amazing pictures of paddling pooches making a splash.
- VIDEO: Shark attacks underwater camera
- A drone captures the first-ever close-up of a Great White shark's lethal bite.
- VIDEO: Bat dive bombs US news channel
- Presenters at a US TV station had a shock on Wednesday morning when a bat started flying around their studio.
- Pictures: Ten species avoiding extinction
- These ten reptiles and amphibians are facing extinction but are being helped by breeding programmes at zoos.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring