Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- VIDEO: Zebra donkey cross born in Mexico
- A rare cross between a zebra and a donkey called a zonkey has been born in Mexico.
- Mysterious sea quacking identified
- Scientists have finally solved the mystery of where strange quacking noises heard in the Southern Ocean are coming from.
- Watch: Hedgehog increase in badger cull areas
- Areas where badgers have been culled are seeing more than double the number of hedgehog according to scientists.
- Watch: Manatees released back into the wild
- Four manatees have been released back into the wild in Peru after being rescued from illegal traffickers.
- VIDEO: Cat cafe purr-fect place for a drink
- Cat cafe purr-fect place for moggies to get a drink, the new hangout even offers a cat-achino!
- VIDEO: Water voles fighting back in Sussex
- The water vole is one of Britain's fastest declining mammals, but it looks like it's fighting back in the Sussex countryside.
- Orangutan has nose surgery in UK first
- A bunged-up orangutan called Vicky has undergone surgery on her nose in a UK first.
- Pictures: Easter bunny obstacle race
- These bunnies in Prague are having a hopping great time!
- VIDEO: The Cumbria doggy car vandal
- Police in Cumbria have solved the case of a mysterious car vandal.
- Birds can learn to choose best building materials
- Birds can learn to choose the best building materials for their nests, say scientists.
- VIDEO: Amusement park for lonely panda
- A lonely giant panda who became sad after her companion panda was sent to another zoo has had her own amusement park built in her cage.
- Pictures: The girl who hunts with an eagle
- Meet 13-year-old Ashol-Pan - she lives in Mongolia and become a pro at hunting with her golden eagle. Check out her story...
- Big bird on the loose in Hertfordshire
- The people of Hertfordshire are on the look-out for a rhea - a big ostrich-like bird - that's escaped from it's home.
- Video: Baby seal visits city in Sweden!
- A baby seal has been attracting a lot of attention in Sweden after losing its way in the Baltic Sea.
- Pictures: Most endangered birds in the world
- Researchers have drawn up a list of the 100 most endangered birds in the world, here's our gallery of some of them.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- What to do if a jellyfish stings you?
- Prime Minister David Cameron has been stung by a jellyfish while on holiday on the Spanish island of Lanzarote.
- Pictures: Snake eats crocodile in Australia
- A snake has won a long battle with a crocodile in Australia WARNING: Some viewers may find these pictures disturbing.
- Pictures: Business using pigeons to deliver mail
- A businessman has started to use pigeons to deliver mail to his customers instead of the post.
- VIDEO: What does a penguin keeper do?
- Emma Burdon from The Deep Aquarium talks about what it's like to look after the five new Gentoo penguins.
- Buzz the old dog that learnt new tricks
- You have probably heard a grown-up say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but one dog owner went to great lengths to prove you can. Check out the pictures.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring