Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- VIDEO: Doggy gym opens in USA
- A gym for dogs has opened in the Unites States of America.
- Pictures: Rock Hyraxes born in zoo
- Four baby Rock Hyraxes have been born in Chester Zoo. They are known as the 'little brothers of the elephant'.
- The koala that's lucky to be alive
- A koala has survived a 55 mile car journey by clinging to the underneath of the vehicle.
- Pictures: Lemurs' lives are posted online
- The lives of thousands of lemurs in America have been collected over fifty years and posted to an online database for everyone to enjoy.
- VIDEO: All aboard the Hong Kong pet bus
- A new bus service has been launched in Hong Kong for pet lovers.
- VIDEO: Dolphin spotted in the River Severn
- A bottlenose dolphin has been spotted in the River Severn in Gloucestershire.
- Dinosaurs were victims of 'bad luck'
- A new study has found that dinosaurs might not have gone extinct if a huge asteroid had hit Earth at a different time.
- Super cute rare red panda cubs born
- The Highland Wildlife Park in Scotland has had two new arrivals!
- Fluffy dinosaurs were 'very common'
- A discovery of 150 million year old fossils in Siberia indicates that feathers were much more widespread among dinosaurs than previously thought.
- Humans causing big drop in insects
- Humans might be to blame for a big drop in the number of insects on the planet, a new study suggests.
- VIDEO: Two very rare leopard cubs born at zoo
- A pair of Amur leopards, which zookeepers say are on the brink of extinction, are born at Twycross Zoo.
- Big butterfly count begins
- Sir David Attenborough and the Butterfly Conservation charity are calling on the British public to look out for sightings of butterflies.
- VIDEO: Polar bears chill with frozen treats
- Polar bears in a South Korean zoo are beating the summer heat with frozen iced food.
- Watch: Giant python gets a health check
- Vets at Chester Zoo did their annual health check on one of the zoo's giant reticulated pythons today.
- VIDEO: Salamander spotted on walk to school
- A rare giant salamander was caught on camera after a boy spotted it on his walk in to school in Japan.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Pictures: The biggest animals of past and present
- Check out the Newsround gallery of the biggest animals on the planet - past and present.
- Pictures: Pooches compete for Ugliest Dog title
- Take a look at some of the pups competing in this year's World's Ugliest Dog competition.
- Pictures: Top 10 new species for 2014
- A panel of international scientists has announced its top 10 new species, including a wasp called Tinkerbell, a snail with no eyes and a tiny, translucent shrimp.
- Pictures: Elephants have 'best sense of smell'
- African elephants have the largest number of genes dedicated to sense of smell of any mammal, according to Japanese scientists.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring