Science, Technology, and Nature Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
Science & Technology
- Newsround's new RSS feeds - update your feeds
- Newsround's RSS feeds have changed, so you'll need to update your feed reader to keep up to date!
- Pictures: Elephants have 'best sense of smell'
- African elephants have the largest number of genes dedicated to sense of smell of any mammal, according to Japanese scientists.
- VIDEO: Two rare leopard cubs born at zoo
- A pair of Amur leopards, which zookeepers say are on the brink of extinction, are born at Twycross Zoo.
- Watch: Giant python gets a health check
- Vets at Chester Zoo did their annual health check on one of the zoo's giant reticulated pythons today.
- Big butterfly count begins
- Sir David Attenborough and the Butterfly Conservation charity are calling on the British public to look out for sightings of butterflies.
- VIDEO: Polar bears chill with frozen treats
- Polar bears in a South Korean zoo are beating the summer heat with frozen iced food.
- VIDEO: Baby monkey makes puppy friends
- A baby drill monkey being raised by a zoo keeper has become best friends with his two Jack Russell puppies.
- VIDEO: Salamander spotted on walk to school
- A rare giant salamander was caught on camera after a boy spotted it on his walk in to school in Japan.
- Scottish wildcat sanctuary announced
- A remote part of the Scottish Highlands has been chosen as a wildcat sanctuary to try to protect the endangered species.
- Four-winged dinosaur fossil found
- Scientists have discovered the fossil of a four-winged feathered dinosaur in China.
- VIDEO: Falcon chick prepares to take flight
- The BT tower in Birmingham has a brand new resident - a peregrine falcon chick!
- VIDEO: Surf's up for extreme sports dogs
- Thousands of fans turn out to cheer on their dogs as they hit the waves in the annual Surf Dog Competition in California, USA.
- Rare tuna fish found off Cornwall
- A rare tuna fish has been discovered by group of friends on holiday in Cornwall.
- Baby flamingos born at British zoo
- Seven flamingo chicks have hatched at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Pictures: The biggest animals of past and present
- Check out the Newsround gallery of the biggest animals on the planet - past and present.
- VIDEO: Massive whale hangs out with surfers
- Surfers in Sydney get an unusual surprise when a huge whale joins them in the waters.
- Pictures: Pooches compete for Ugliest Dog title
- Take a look at some of the pups competing in this year's World's Ugliest Dog competition.
- Pictures: Top 10 new species for 2014
- A panel of international scientists has announced its top 10 new species, including a wasp called Tinkerbell, a snail with no eyes and a tiny, translucent shrimp.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring