Winter Olympics Memorable Moments
The legends and foibles of the Winter Olympics
Alpine and Nordic Skiing
- An Avalanche Named Killy
- A controversial sweep in alpine skiing
- Franz Klammer
- The man who gave himself "terrible frights"
- Bjorn Daehlie
- The winningest Winter Olympian
- Alberto "La Bomba" Tomba
- The big Italian with the even bigger hair
- Hermann Maier
- The Hermanator's horrific spill in 1998
- Sonja Henie
- Ten world championships, four Olympic appearances, and three consecutive Olympic gold medals
- Dorothy Hamill
- The media darling of 1976
- Tonya and Nancy
- An ex-husband, a metal baton, and a U.S. title
- Katarina Witt
- Near-flawless technique and charismatic style
- Eric Heiden
- Won the speed skating equivalent of a sprint, a marathon, and everything in between
- Bonnie Blair
- The most decorated Winter Olympian in U.S. history
- Jansen Saves His Best for Last
- A gold medal and a world record in 1994
- The Jamaican Bobsled Team
- The tropical island's first representative at the Winter Olympics
Read More Winter Olympic Sports Previews.
- The Miracle of 1960
- U.S. hockey's original golden boys
- The Miracle of 1980
- Cold war heroes
- Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards
- The comically inept British "ski jumper"
- Happy Harada
- Japanese ski-jumping legend
- Did You Know?
- Fun Olympic facts for trivia buffs and novices
- Olympic Fun Facts
- Poland's "Stella the Fella" and other amazing trivia
- Olympic Symbols and Traditions
- Flames, doves, oaths, and more
- Olympic Traditions
- The Olympics draws on traditions of war, religion, economy
- Olympics Timeline
- From ancient Greece to the present day
- Did You Know?
- Did you know China won their first Winter Olympic gold medals in Salt Lake City? What sport did they win them in?
- Winter Olympics Trivia
- Who has won the most medals for the United States in the Winter Olympics?
- Turin Olympics
- Turin, Italy is the site of the 2006 Winter Games. The Winter Games were held in Italy once before. What year?
- Winter Olympics History: Part I
- What the was first year that female athletes could compete in events other than figure skating at a Winter Olympics?
- Winter Olympics History: Part II
- East Germany made its Olympic debut at which Winter Games?
- Salt Lake City Recap
- What country won the most medals at the Salt Lake City Games?
- Winter Olympics
- 29 Across: What relay speed skating teams are skilled at
- Olympic Legends
- 18 Down: Swimmer Biondi at the Olympic in the 1988 Seoul Games
- Olympic Sites
- 13 Across: The Olympics of 1948 were held in this country
- Olympic Sports
- 66 Down: Winter Olympics: Type of jump in Figure Skating
Fact Monster™ Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.