You are correct!
From our dictionary:
Yesterday's Word Quiz
Tomorrow's Word Quiz
—v.i., -rized, -riz•ing.
1. to be indecisive or evasive to gain time or delay acting.
2. to comply with the time or occasion; yield temporarily or ostensibly to prevailing opinion or circumstances.
3. to treat or parley so as to gain time (usually fol. by with).
4. to come to terms (usually fol. by with).
5. to effect a compromise (usually fol. by between). Also, esp. Brit., tem'po•rise".
Fact Monster Word Quiz for Kids