World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- Loom bands dress top bid cancelled
- The top bidder of £170,100 in an auction for a dress made from loom bands, has pulled out, leaving the sellers hoping for a second-chance offer of £150,000.
- VIDEO: Costa Concordia wreck on the move
- The wrecked Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia is being towed to its home port Genoa, where it will then be scrapped.
- VIDEO: Giant Granny takes part in WW1 parade
- The oversized Grandma will tell the story of young men who volunteered to fight during the First World War.
- VIDEO: Prince George's gold birthday coin
- The 1st birthday of Prince George has been commemorated with the production of a special new coin.
- Prince George is one year old today
- Prince George is one year old today and official pics have been released to celebrate.
- VIDEO: Glasgow 'unhealthiest place' in UK
- It may come as a surprise to hear that Glasgow is also one of the unhealthiest places in the UK. Martin went to Glasgow to find out more.
- Lego washing up on Cornwall beaches
- A container filled with Lego fell into the sea off England's south coast, back in 1997. The pieces are still turning up today.
- Watch: Planes avoid flying over Ukraine
- Passenger planes are avoiding flying over eastern parts of Ukraine to help keep travellers safe.
- New pic of Prince George released
- An official photo of Prince George has been released to mark his first birthday.
- Roof of house struck by lightning
- Storms have caused disruption in parts of the UK, after high temperatures and lightning strikes on Saturday morning.
- Pictures: Mud festival in South Korea
- Every year, the Boryeong mud festival takes place with people playing in wrestling pits and on mud slides.
- VIDEO: Field in Japan transformed into giant artwork
- A rice field in northern Japan has got tourists flocking to it after being transformed into a giant artwork.
- Winners for Tim Peake's space food
- Five entries have a won a challenge to design a dinner for British astronaut Tim Peake to eat in space
- Pictures: Stunning lightning lights up UK skies
- Thousands of lightning strikes were recorded across the UK on Thursday night and Friday morning; and they produced some stunning photographs...
- Israeli soldiers move into Gaza
- Israel has sent tanks and soldiers into the Gaza Strip, as the crisis in the Middle East continues.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Quiz: Quiz of the week
- How much can you remember about past week's biggest news stories? Find out with Newsround's quiz of the week!
- VIDEO: Look inside the Imperial War Museum
- After an extensive makeover the Imperial War Museum has opened in London, and we take a look inside.
- VIDEO: More disabled access needed - Kieran
- Kieran is 15 and has cerebral palsy - which means he has to use a wheelchair. But in the small town of Wick in Scotland, getting around isn't easy for him.
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring