World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- ISS astronauts print tool in 3D
- Astronauts on the International Space Station have used a 3D printer to make a tool called a wrench in space.
- VIDEO: Daredevil repair caught on camera
- The fearless repairmen working at the top of a Cathedral spire have filmed their work - and it's amazing!
- VIDEO: Our top news stories of 2014
- 2014 has been a momentous year in many ways - but what were our favourite stories that we covered? Watch our presenters' fave stories.
- Bangladesh oil spill clean-up
- An oil spill still threatens part of the world's largest mangrove forest in Bangladesh.
- Prince Harry's charity trip pics
- Prince Harry has released some of his own photographs showing a recent trip to support a charity helping disadvantaged kids in southern Africa.
- USA and Cuba call truce after 50 years
- World leaders welcome a truce between the USA and Cuba to end more than 50 years of being enemies.
- VIDEO: Somerset one year on from severe floods
- In the run up to Christmas last year, severe storms, battering winds and tidal surges hit the UK.
- VIDEO: Mass tango for Pope's birthday
- Hundreds of mainly elderly couples have performed a Tango in St Peter's Square in Rome, Italy, to mark the seventy-eighth birthday of Pope Francis.
- Malala receives joint Nobel Peace Prize
- Pakistani schoolgirl education campaigner Malala Yousafzai has collected the Nobel Peace Prize, one of the world's most respected awards, at a ceremony in Norway.
- VIDEO: Wingsuit pilot does ultimate "high five"
- A wingsuit pilot has completed what's being claimed as the world's first air-to-ground "high five" in France.
- VIDEO: Amazing device helping disabled people walk
- The BBC's Nikki Fox went to test out the exoskeleton, which is an amazing device helping paralysed and disabled people to walk independently.
- India sends largest rocket to space
- India takes a step closer to sending astronauts to space after launching it's most powerful rocket to date.
- VIDEO: Japan hit by heavy snow and gales
- Japan hit by heavy snow and tidal surges. There have also been strong winds that have disrupted travel and made some buildings collapse.
- Syrian kids tell us about their lives
- Syrian kids talk about their hopes and aspirations and their lives before the war.
- Cosmic bangs found in thunderstorms
- Scientists have discovered that mysterious cosmic bangs are commonly found in thunderstorms on Earth.
- VIDEO: Hologram of Santa in window of house
- A hologram of Father Christmas is entertaining crowds outside a house in Derby.
- VIDEO: Surfer rides 'weather bomb' wave
- Surfer Garrett MacNamara has tried to repeat his performance of 2011 when he surfed the world's biggest wave at 30 metres high.
- VIDEO: 'Ice pancakes' form on River Dee
- Ice pancake formations, more commonly seen in the Antarctic, have been photographed on the River Dee in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
- VIDEO: Thousands of fake toys seized
- Trading Standards have seized thousands of fake toys and other items, which are illegal.
- VIDEO: Thousands of children are homeless
- 87,000 children in England are homeless - that means they don't have anywhere permanent to live. Hayley went to meet one girl in that situation.
- Church appoints first female bishop
- The first female bishop for the Church of England has been announced as vicar Reverend Libby Lane, just a month after the historic change to church law.
- Egypt unveils Tutankhamun gallery
- Four newly restored halls in the Tutankhamun gallery in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo have been unveiled.
- Methane 'burps' detected on Mars
- Nasa's Curiosity rover has detected "burps" of methane gas on Mars - a gas that could hint at past or even present life on the planet.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
- Pictures: Stunning drone pictures from 2014
- A selection of magnificent images taken with drones throughout 2014.
- VIDEO: Chris Hadfield takes over Newsround
- One of the world's most famous astronauts, Chris Hadfield took over Newsround for a space spectacular.
- Am I a bully? Newsround's interactive guide
- As part of anti-bullying week, Newsround has helped make an interactive guide to help everybody understand what bullying is.
- Watch: Your Ebola questions answered
- We speak to a virus expert to answer some of your questions you sent in on Ebola.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring