World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- Rescue effort continues in Hiroshima
- Rescuers are still combing through the site of a landslide triggered on Wednesday by torrential rain in part of Japan.
- Neanderthals lived alongside humans
- Humans and Neanderthals lived alongside each other in Europe ten times longer than previously thought, a new study suggests.
- Watch: Protests still taking place in Missouri
- Protests in the US state of Missouri are still taking place because people there say police don't treat black people and white people equally.
- VIDEO: What is the Ice Bucket Challenge?
- Thousands of people all around the world have been pouring cold ice water over themselves and filming it for the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- VIDEO: Tornadoes hit northern Italy
- CCTV shows a beach in the town of Arenzano in northern Italy being torn apart by a tornado.
- Rain sparks deadly Japan landslides
- At least 36 people are killed in landslides caused by heavy rain that buried houses in Japanese area of Hiroshima, according to the local police.
- Watch: Iceland raises volcano alert level
- Scientists in Iceland have warned that one the country's biggest volcanoes is showing signs it may erupt.
- Children in Gaza return home
- In a special report for Newsround, 11 year-old Riyanne and her family showed the BBC's Yolande Knell, how the fighting in Gaza has affected their home.
- VIDEO: Russian cosmonauts go on spacewalk
- Two Russian cosmonauts set off on a spacewalk from the International Space Station (ISS) to launch a nano-satellite.
- Watch: Protests against police in Missouri, USA
- Thousands of people are protesting in the US state of Missouri because they say the police there don't treat black people and white people equally.
- VIDEO: Technology makes harvest easier
- Over the past few years some very clever inventions have made the process of harvesting crops even easier.
- VIDEO: 'Big Ben' clock tower gets cleaned
- Cleaners have been working on the clock face on the Elizabeth Tower for the first time in since 2010.
- VIDEO: Tourist attractions 'not accessible enough'
- Some of Britain's biggest tourist attractions are being asked to do more to improve access for people with disabilities.
- VIDEO: Tiny robots that can swarm together
- A swarm of more than 1,000 miniature robots has been revealed by a team at Harvard University in the United States.
- Yolo added to Oxford online dictionary
- Yolo is among the latest new words added to the Oxford online dictionary.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Guide: Gaza conflict
- A short guide to the conflict in Gaza between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Quiz: Quiz of the week
- How much can you remember about past week's biggest news stories? Find out with Newsround's quiz of the week!
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring