World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- Driverless cars headed for UK roads
- The UK government says it plans to allow driverless cars on public roads in January, and asks three cities to compete to host special trials.
- Pictures: Amazing human tower competition
- A centuries-old tradition in Spain sees people stack themselves on top of one another, to create incredible human towers, known as castells.
- VIDEO: Huge water leak splits road in LA
- A burst water main on Los Angeles' famous Sunset Boulevard has caused flooding at the University of California.
- Argument over Australia mine plans
- Australia has approved a massive underground coal mine which environmentalists say could damage the Great Barrier Reef.
- VIDEO: Syrian children, life in a war zone
- The BBC looks at the impact of the war in Syria on the children living there.
- Watch: Ayshah hunts for Lego lost at sea
- Ayshah goes on the hunt for Lego pieces lost at sea nearly twenty years ago.
- Watch: How do you greet your friends?
- Researchers at Aberystwyth University say fist bumping is the most hygienic greeting. We want to know how you greet your friends.
- VIDEO: Extreme summer weather conditions
- Many people have been affected by the bad weather that has hit parts of the country.
- California hit by raging wildfires
- Two fast-moving fires in California destroy 10 homes and force the evacuation of hundreds more.
- VIDEO: Role of oil in Scottish referendum
- With the vote on Scottish independence on September 18 we look at how the oil industry could affect the outcome.
- VIDEO: Massive power station towers demolished
- Three disused cooling towers at Didcot A Power Station have been demolished using more than 180kg of explosives.
- Pictures: Giant WW1 puppet procession in Liverpool
- Thousands of people have lined Liverpool's streets to welcome three giant marionette puppets, which tell the story of Liverpool during World War One.
- Watch: Leaders argue over crashed plane
- A big argument is going on between the most powerful leaders in the world, after a passenger plane crashed over Ukraine last week.
- VIDEO: Liverpool crowds greet giant puppets
- Thousands of people have lined Liverpool's streets to welcome three giant marionettes, which will tell the story of the city during World War One.
- VIDEO: Glasgow kids tell us about their city
- Glasgow is hosting the 2014 Commonwealth Games - we asked kids there about why they love their city
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Guide: Gaza conflict
- A short guide to the conflict in Gaza between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Quiz: Quiz of the week
- How much can you remember about past week's biggest news stories? Find out with Newsround's quiz of the week!
- VIDEO: More disabled access needed - Kieran
- Kieran is 15 and has cerebral palsy - which means he has to use a wheelchair. But in the small town of Wick in Scotland, getting around isn't easy for him.
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring