World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- VIDEO: Police called to Black Friday crowds
- Police are called to supermarkets across the UK overnight to help control crowds hunting for 'Black Friday' offers.
- VIDEO: World's biggest Christmas lights display
- Almost 1.2 million Christmas lights are put up in a shopping centre in Australia's capital, Canberra, setting a new world record.
- Blue Peter space badge winner chosen
- The winner of Blue Peter's space badge competition is revealed.
- VIDEO: Ferguson quieter after protests
- Newsround explains why people in Ferguson, USA, and other American cities have been protesting.
- VIDEO: Christmas elves break world record
- Some of Father Christmas' little helpers have been very busy setting a new world record.
- VIDEO: Watch: 6,000 flights over UK in 24 hours
- An amazing time lapse video has been released that shows how 6,000 planes come in and out of UK airspace each day.
- Syrian kids tell us about their lives
- Syrian kids talk about their hopes and aspirations and their lives before the war.
- VIDEO: Driverless cars compete in race
- China has been holding its sixth driverless car competition, with the unmanned vehicles having to navigate their way through various obstacles.
- Probe sends pictures from comet
- Scientists say the Philae probe bounced across the surface of a comet when it landed.
- Watch: Vloggers warned over unclear adverts
- Vloggers are being told they need to be completely clear about when they're being paid to promote products.
- VIDEO: Runners brave the cold for ice marathon
- Running a marathon is hard enough - but how about doing it in temperatures as low as -50 degrees?
- VIDEO: Flood fears in US as snowfall eases
- After weeks of bad weather, snowfall in the US is starting to decrease but authorities are warning that the emergency is not over yet.
- VIDEO: The space mission sending your stuff to the moon
- A group of space scientists want to send a robotic probe up to the South Pole of the moon in 2024.
- VIDEO: Two young carers chat to Hayley
- Young carers chat to Hayley about their lives and how money from Children in Need has helped them.
- VIDEO: Call for world plan to prevent drowning
- Not enough children around the world know how to swim or stay safe in the water according to a recent report.
- VIDEO: The amazing 310mph levitating train
- Train fans have experienced the speed of super-fast maglev trains, during test runs for members of the public in central Japan.
- Probe makes historic comet landing
- European robot probe Philae has made the first, historic landing on a comet, scientists say, after descending from its mothership, Rosetta.
- VIDEO: The monster trucks replacing humans
- Driverless monster trucks are being used for mining in some parts of Australia.
- VIDEO: 100-year-old sees ocean for first time
- A 100-year-old lady in the US has seen the ocean for the first time in her life.
- NHS staff fly to West Africa to help treat Ebola
- The first group of NHS nurses and doctors, who have volunteered to help look after people with Ebola in West Africa, leave for Sierra Leone today.
- VIDEO: Making music with Raspberry Pi
- The Raspberry Pi could soon be making music lessons more high-tech.
- VIDEO: Anti-bullying ideas given to minister
- We sent Newsround reporter Martin down to London with viewers Emily and Libby to give some of your ideas to the man in charge of schools, Nick Gibb MP.
- VIDEO: Frozen: Let It Go as you've never heard it before
- A school in West Yorkshire has changed the words of Let It Go from Frozen to help beat bullying.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Am I a bully? Newsround's interactive guide
- As part of anti-bullying week, Newsround has helped make an interactive guide to help everybody understand what bullying is.
- Guide: What's happening in Syria?
- How did all the trouble start in Syria? What are the reasons behind the violence? And what is being done to stop it getting any worse?
- Watch: Your Ebola questions answered
- We speak to a virus expert to answer some of your questions you sent in on Ebola.
- VIDEO: Newsround's Berlin Wall special
- A special Newsround marking 25 years since the Berlin Wall came down, presented by Jenny from the German capital, Berlin.
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring