World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- VIDEO: Volcano continues fiery eruption
- Watch this spectacular video footage of a lava eruption near Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano.
- Toilet trash plugs up London pipes
- It took four days to remove tonnes of congealed fat, wet wipes, wood and tennis balls, dropped down toilets and drains in West London.
- Watch: Top tips for starting secondary school
- Starting secondary school this week? To give you a helping hand we got some year 8s to dish out their top tips to some soon-to-be year 7s.
- Neanderthal 'artwork' found in cave
- An engraving found at a cave in Gibraltar may be the most compelling evidence yet for Neanderthal art.
- VIDEO: Meet Chibatman - Japan's new superhero
- A Japanese man who dresses as Batman to make Japanese people smile has become an internet sensation.
- Watch: Meat-eating 'must be cut down'
- New research estimates greenhouse gases from food production will go up 80% if meat and dairy consumption continues to rise at its current rate.
- Watch: Lava eruption near Iceland volcano
- Iceland issues an aviation alert after a fresh lava eruption from a fissure near the Bardarbunga volcano, but the warning is later lowered.
- VIDEO: Powerful solar flares caught on camera
- The US Space Agency Nasa has released extraordinary new footage showing a series of powerful solar flares.
- VIDEO: First gold bar found at Kent beach
- The first of 30 gold bars that have been buried on a beach in Kent is found.
- EU's warning to Russia over Ukraine
- European Union leaders warn they'll put more restrictions on Russia - if the situation in eastern Ukraine does not improve within the next week.
- VIDEO: Smokejumpers fight US forest fires
- Meet a special team of firefighters called 'smokejumpers', who parachute from planes to tackle forest fires in America.
- Pictures: Iceland eruption seen from above
- Stunning aerial photos of the volcanic eruption in Iceland on Friday, which caused a brief red alert for flights in the area.
- Security fence put up in Cardiff
- A big metal fence has been put up in Cardiff city centre ahead of a big meeting of world leaders.
- VIDEO: Gold bars buried on Folkestone beach
- People are digging up Folkestone beach after artist Michael Sailstofer announced he had buried 30 bars of gold worth £10,000 under the sand.
- VIDEO: Huge waves hit California coast
- Coastal areas have been affected by huge waves in California, in the United States.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Guide: What is Ebola? The virus explained
- Questions about the Ebola virus: What is it, how does it spread and how do you catch it?
- Guide: What's happening in Ukraine?
- Read Newsround's guide to the crisis going on in Ukraine in eastern Europe.
- VIDEO: What is the Ice Bucket Challenge?
- Thousands of people all around the world have been pouring cold ice water over themselves and filming it for the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Guide: Gaza conflict
- A short guide to the conflict in Gaza between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Quiz: Quiz of the week
- How much can you remember about past week's biggest news stories? Find out with Newsround's quiz of the week!
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring