World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- VIDEO: Massive power station towers demolished
- Three disused cooling towers at Didcot A Power Station have been demolished using more than 180kg of explosives.
- Pictures: Giant WW1 puppet procession in Liverpool
- Thousands of people have lined Liverpool's streets to welcome three giant marionette puppets, which tell the story of Liverpool during World War One.
- Watch: Leaders argue over crashed plane
- A big argument is going on between the most powerful leaders in the world, after a passenger plane crashed over Ukraine last week.
- VIDEO: Liverpool crowds greet giant puppets
- Thousands of people have lined Liverpool's streets to welcome three giant marionettes, which will tell the story of the city during World War One.
- VIDEO: Glasgow kids tell us about their city
- Glasgow is hosting the 2014 Commonwealth Games - we asked kids there about why they love their city
- Indian boy has 232 teeth removed
- Doctors in India extract 232 teeth from the mouth of a 17-year-old boy in a seven-hour operation.
- Loom bands dress to go on sale again
- The makers of a dress made from loom bands are putting it up for auction again after the previous offer of £170,100 fell through.
- VIDEO: Costa Concordia wreck on the move
- The wrecked Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia is being towed to its home port Genoa, where it will then be scrapped.
- VIDEO: Prince George's gold birthday coin
- The 1st birthday of Prince George has been commemorated with the production of a special new coin.
- VIDEO: Giant Granny takes part in WW1 parade
- The oversized Grandma will tell the story of young men who volunteered to fight during the First World War.
- Prince George is one year old today
- Prince George is one year old today and official pics have been released to celebrate.
- VIDEO: Glasgow 'unhealthiest place' in UK
- It may come as a surprise to hear that Glasgow is also one of the unhealthiest places in the UK. Martin went to Glasgow to find out more.
- Watch: Lego washing up on Cornwall beaches
- A container filled with Lego fell into the sea off England's south coast, back in 1997. The pieces are still turning up today.
- Watch: Planes avoid flying over Ukraine
- Passenger planes are avoiding flying over eastern parts of Ukraine to help keep travellers safe.
- New pic of Prince George released
- An official photo of Prince George has been released to mark his first birthday.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Quiz: Quiz of the week
- How much can you remember about past week's biggest news stories? Find out with Newsround's quiz of the week!
- Pictures: Mud festival in South Korea
- Every year, the Boryeong mud festival takes place with people playing in wrestling pits and on mud slides.
- VIDEO: More disabled access needed - Kieran
- Kieran is 15 and has cerebral palsy - which means he has to use a wheelchair. But in the small town of Wick in Scotland, getting around isn't easy for him.
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring