World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- VIDEO: Weather warning for parts of UK
- Parts of the UK are braced for a storm which will bring gale-force winds and the risk of some flooding on the coast.
- Comments: Are our roads too dangerous?
- Olympic cycling champion Chris Boardman says more should be done to protect people travelling by bike. Do you think Britain's roads are safe enough?
- Foster care could continue to 21
- Children living with foster families in England will be allowed to stay with them until they are 21, ministers say.
- Surviving the Typhoon
- Leah's been to the Philippines to find out how children there are coping following one of the most powerful storms ever, Typhoon Haiyan.
- Pictures: The children affected by Typhoon Haiyan
- Newsround presenter Leah has visited the Philippines to meet children affected by Typhoon Haiyan and see how they are rebuilding their lives.
- VIDEO: Leah takes a tour around HMS Daring
- Leah takes a look around HMS Daring, the Royal Navy ship posted to the Philippines to help the islands in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan.
- VIDEO: Behind the scenes in the Philippines
- How do journalists report from disaster zones? Leah has a behind the scenes look at her trip to the Philippines after typhoon Haiyan.
- VIDEO: Prince Harry video calls soldiers
- He may be in Antarctica but Prince Harry still found time to called a team of soldiers preparing to row across the Atlantic Ocean.
- The hotels built under the sea
- Imagine diving deep beneath the sea to stay in a hotel that promises views of fish and coral. Plans are afoot for an underwater hotel that can be towed anywhere in the seas.
- Investigation begins on helicopter
- Emergency teams have completed their search at the site of the helicopter crash in Glasgow, and investigation begins on the helicopter.
- The children recovering from war in Colombia
- Children as young as 13 or 14 are being forced to fight in an on-going war between the Colombian government and a rebel army.
- Football's anti-flare campaign
- A campaign has been launched to stop people taking flares and smoke bombs to Premier League football matches. You've been telling us what you think.
- Delivery drones ready now - Amazon
- Online retailer Amazon says robotic drones could deliver parcels to customers just 30 minutes after placing an order - and could be a reality within five years.
- Watch: Some families hit by energy price rise
- Staying warm is costing more because most of the big energy companies are putting their prices up. Ayshah meets one family struggling to pay their bills.
- Investigation into New York train crash
- Investigators in New York are trying to find out what caused a train crash in the Bronx area of the city.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Quiz: This week's news quiz!
- How much can you remember about the past week's biggest news stories? Find out with Newsround's Quiz of the Week!
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring