World News Headlines for Kids
From BBC News
- Watch: Investigation into power station fire
- An investigation has started to find out how a massive fire started at a power station in Oxfordshire.
- VIDEO: Avalanche survivor talks of escape
- A British man who survived an avalanche in Nepal has been talking about how he escaped.
- William and Kate's baby due in April
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's second baby is due in April, Kensington Palace have announced.
- "More child poverty in the future"
- A report out today says 1.4 million children in the UK are affected by poverty.
- Watch: Charity trying to raise awareness of Ebola
- Nigeria is expected to be declared free from Ebola after more than six weeks without any new cases.
- VIDEO: Robot dragon versus giant spider
- A giant spider and a huge dragon have faced one another in battle at Beijing's Olympic Park.
- Comet whizzes past Mars
- Scientists got a close up view of a comet when it made a dramatic journey past Mars.
- Hurricane Gonzalo clear up in Bermuda
- The clear up begins after a massive storm hit Bermuda in the Atlantic Ocean
- Nearly 400 rescued in Himalayas
- Search teams rescue nearly 400 trekkers in total after a deadly storm hit a popular Himalayan trekking route.
- Watch: Hurricane Gonzalo hits Bermuda
- A massive storm has hit Bermuda in the Atlantic Ocean, with winds of about 185km per hour.
- VIDEO: The umbrella made of air
- A company has created an umbrella that uses an air 'force field' to protect you from the rain.
- VIDEO: North Korean leader reappears
- More than five weeks after disappearing from the public eye North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, is spotted again.
- VIDEO: The ship helping to fight Ebola
- Take a look around the massive Navy ship that's preparing to help the fight against Ebola in West Africa.
- Mysterious US spaceplane returns
- An unmanned US plane on a secretive, two-year mission to space has returned to Earth and landed in California.
- Death Star moon is 'wonky or watery'
- New photos, taken by Nasa, of one of Saturn's moon's suggest it's wobbly.
- VIDEO: China blocking TV reports about Hong Kong
- The BBC World news channel is blacked out in China. For years China has tried to limit access to foreign TV and websites.
- Guide: Who is Kim Jong-un?
- Kim Jong-un is the supreme leader of North Korea. He became leader when his father Kim Jong-il died in December 2011.
- VIDEO: Drone racing Star Wars-style
- A new sport of Star Wars-style drone racing is taking off in the French Alps.
- VIDEO: What help is Africa getting to stop Ebola?
- A British Military ship, RFA Argus, is being sent to help people treating those with Ebola in Africa. But what else is being done to stop the virus spreading there.
- Watch Newsround
- Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.
- Watch: The week's weirdest news stories
- Newsround takes a look at the top three weirdest news stories of the week!
- Quiz: Quiz of the week
- How much can you remember about past week's biggest news stories? Find out with Newsround's quiz of the week!
- Meet the Viking treasure hunter
- Meet the man who discovered a huge hoard of Viking treasure buried under the ground in Scotland.
- Watch: Your Ebola questions answered
- We speak to a virus expert to answer some of your questions you sent in on Ebola.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring