by Kelly Ann Buchanan
Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
Find more crosswords, quizzes and gamesLearn the history of the crossword puzzle
Find a word using our Crossword Search
This week's theme: Muhammad Ali
1. * "___ the Greatest!" - Muhammad Ali
4. * Sports org.
7. High mountain
10. Stake in poker
11. Traditional knowledge (bkwds.)
13. Certain sound units
15. * Ali's strategy in the ring
17. * Trainer (Angelo Dundee to Muhammad Ali)
19. * .tats gnixoB
20. * State (for short) where Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Muhammad Ali) was born on January 17th, 1942
21. * Q. "What is the first name of Mr. Norton, the fighter Muhammad had three bouts with?" A. "It's ___ think."
23. "noma" eht tuohtiw ,tsaot nisiar no ymmuy s'tI
26. Barn animal
28. * The match at #67A was originally scheduled __ _ ___ 25th, '74 bout, but was moved to Oct. 30th because of an injury sustained by George Foreman in the ring during training (See #80A for a Related Clue)
30. Acronym of the first part of the Bible
32. Sketch comedy show on TV
34. * One of Ali's nicknames: The Louisville ___
35. * After his announcement that he had joined #22D, Muhammad Ali said this: "I know where I'm going and I know the truth and I don't have to be what you want ___ to be. I'm free to be what I want."
36. * A94# ta eivom eht rof noitaripsni eht eb ot dias si 5791 ni ilA htiw tuob a ni sdnuor 51 lla tnew ohw rexob sihT :renpeW .rM
39. * Actress (who is married to #27D in real life) who portrays Muhammad's first wife Sonji in the biographical movie "Ali" (2001)
41. House climber
43. * Ali's legendary bout against Smokin' Joe Frazier, with The
47. Dreadful! _-_-_-o-c-i-o-u-s!
48. ffo deppohc "sy" eht htiw ,reveroF
49. * 6791 fo eivom gnixoB
50. Stumbling Sound in a Speech
51. * Mo. in which Ali entered the ring for his last professional fight (In 1981 --against Trevor Berbick)
53. Interjections of satisfaction
55. One of the continents, briefly
56. * Before making a name for himself in the professional boxing world, Larry Holmes was a boxer Muhammad Ali ___ with when training
59. Little kid
61. * Locale of Kinshasa, Zaire (abbr. & bkwds. --See #67A for a Related Clue)
64. The study of Chinese civilization, culture and language, without the "logy"
65. Obi, for one
67. * "When ___ Were Kings" (1996): Oscar-winning documentary about the legendary Rumble in the Jumble heavyweight championship bout between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman
69. F-f-frigid w-w-without t-t-the "Co"
70. * "?yadot elcyc ___ ot tnaw uoy oD" :gniniart gnirud rexoB a ot diaS
72. * Actor (bkwds.) who plays the part of Howard Cosell in "Ali" (2001)
75. * Ms. Gaye [Actress (and daughter of the late, great Marvin Gaye) who plays Muhammad's second wife Belinda in "Ali" (2001)]
76. Kind of chieftain
77. trebliG .sM
78. Certain measurements, for short
79. Metal-bearing mineral
80. * Boxer's eye injury
1. * Japanese professional wrestler who Ali was matched up against in a show event, in 1976: Antonio ___
2. (8791) "___ yellaV repraH"
3. Humble in manner
4. * In 1986, Muhammad ___ his current wife Lonnie
5. * A bout with the powerful boxer at #21A in 1973 left Ali with a what?
7. * TV network where Howard Cosell worked (The legendary sports broadcaster who covered the career of Muhammad Ali)
8. * In a split decision, Ali lost his title to ___ on February 15th, 1978 in Las Vegas, but regained it from him just a few months later in New Orleans in a unanimous decision
9. * In 1960, Muhammad was reluctant to travel to Rome in a what? (See #14D for a Related Clue)
10. delpirt nehw ,eivom raW
12. Ms. Horne
14. * noisivid thgiewyvaeH thgiL eht ni ladeM dloG eht now (yalC suissaC sa nwonk neht) ilA ,0691 fo ___ emoR eht tA
16. Sailor's reply
18. tnirpmi ylraelC
22. * After his victory at #58D, the new World Heavyweight title holder changed his name to Muhammad Ali from Cassius Clay (which he regarded as a "slave name") and announced that he had joined the Nation of ___
25. * In 1971, the United States Supreme ___ reversed Muhammad Ali's conviction on violating the Selective Service Act (In the 1960s, he had taken an anti-draft stance and didn't want to take part in the Vietnam War because of his religious beliefs. His refusal to be inducted into the Armed Forces resulted in him being stripped of his boxing title.)
27. * He (Initials) portrays The Champ in "Ali" (2001)
29. Type of sloth
31. * In his Amateur career, Ali earned his spot on the United States team bound for the Games in Rome by winning his qualifying bout with a technical knockout in the ___ (See #14D for a Related Clue)
33. * Muhammad's daughter who has followed in her father's footsteps to become a great boxer
36. Ms. Oslin the Country Singer
37. * In his professional career, Muhammad Ali was the World Heavyweight ___ three separate times (In his victorious second bout with #8D, he became the first man in history to win the Heavyweight title three times)
38. Atomic #17
40. * A boxing blow can be made with one ...but it's backwards?
42. Man of the Cloth
44. * Parts on Boxing shoes
45. * "!reizarF eoJ yortsed annog m'I tuB / ___ ezama dna kcohs thgim sihT" :1791 ,ht8 hcraM fo tuob sih erofeb ilA yb meop a morf traP
46. nuS eht fo doG
50. Beatles song: "Back in the ___"
52. TV drama
54. Word before "Be It!"
58. * February 25th, 1964: Historic ___ in sports when Cassius Clay won the World Heavyweight title in a bout against rival, Sonny Liston
60. * During a bout in the ring, there is one Referee and ___ Boxers
62. * "___ like a Butterfly, Sting like a Bee" (Slogan invented for Ali by his mentor and motivator, Drew 'Bundini' Brown)
63. Noun modifiers (abbr.)
66. Sort of Shmuck
68. Bat's dwelling ...but it's backwards?
71. Varlet, minus the "cal"
74. Vase ...but it's flipped around?
Copyright © Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring